Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Darkspawn Chronicles

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

What were you waiting for? You were waiting for the new DLC for DA: O, The Darkspawn Chronicles, as reported by <a href="http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/05/04/ws543.aspx">Microsoft's Gamerscore Blog.</a> And now you get it!
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>This Add-on, “Darkspawn Chronicles” extends the life of “Dragon Age: Origins,” the dark fantasy epic that has you playing as a Grey Warden, one of the last of a legendary order of guardians. With the return of mankind's ancient foe and the kingdom engulfed in civil war, you have been chosen by fate to unite the shattered lands and slay the archdemon once and for all. “Dragon Age: Origins,” is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and available worldwide (except Japan).
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97749-dragon-age-origins-darkspawn-chronicles-dlc-revealed.html">GB</A>

Luzur

Good Sir
laclongquan said:
I thought Japan has all kinds of tentacly cockteasing? Me think the game doesnt have any, which offend the Jap no end.

its because you end the game by nuking the darkspawn, which is offending to the japs.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Tired as I am I did read it as 'Barkspawn Chronicles' and got my hopes up.
Then I realized my mistake and became disappointed.

burrie

Scholar
Well, here's the full scoop...

You now fight as the Darkspawn! The city of Denerim, jewel of Ferelden, girds itself for war. As a hurlock vanguard, you alone hold the power to make thralls of your fellow darkspawn and drive them into the heat of battle. Heed the archdemon's call--Denerim must burn!

* A look at an alternate history: what if your character had died in the Joining ceremony, and the Grey Wardens marched under Alistair's command instead?
* A standalone adventure in which you command genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks, and even the mighty ogres.
* Complete the module and unlock an epic Darkspawn item in DA:O and Awakening.
Doesn't really sound like it's worth the money. I had hoped into some insight into the Darkspawn's history.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That's actually not a bad idea. I wonder if they give the Darkspawn logical motives and backgr...AHAHAHAHAH sorry couldn't finish that with a straight face.

Fez

Erudite
With all these add-ons and small DLC packs I think it'd be simplest and most economical for the non-hardcore fans to just wait for the Gold/Platinum/Anti-matter/whatever badged release version that has all the content together. Depends on how desperate or big a fan you are of this particular series or the genre and how much time you have to indulge in it, I suppose.

I've heard of a few unfortunate and confused souls trying to buy their add on content like this from more than once source, only to find that the Steam package doesn't like the retail which doesn't like the next incompatible system. Buyer beware. :)

Did they ever sort out the many bugs and crashes for DA:O that I've been hearing about? I can remember the game disliked some multi-core CPUs.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's Fez :shock: :incline:

How long, o CRPG Pope, will you bless us with your presence this time, until once again you dissapear into the unknown void of teh interwebz? :mystery:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom