Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Warcry Previews Vampire: Bloodlines

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

The Warcry News Network has published their <a href="http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=117&colid=3170">Preview </a>of <a href="http://www.troikagames.com/">Troika's</a> upcoming Vampire: Bloodlines. The preview basically mentions details that most of us already know about, and more or less hypes the game. Here's a little something that caught my fancy, and a mention that the game is, indeed, a role-playing game.
<br>
<blockquote>The role-playing elements of the game are certainly not ignored, as the character could easily interact with numerous objects in the game world, and he could actively initiate dialogue with a number of the other nightly denizens around him. The dialogue is made up of the typical dialogue trees, but when spoken to, characters react with an astounding range of facial emotions and reactions. I had a laugh when the player character approached <b>one well-endowed female who made it a point to grab her breasts</b> before the character left. These are the sort of details that will make this game rise through the ranks of RPG’s.</blockquote>
<br>
It'll certainly make something rise in the pants of the teenagers playing this game.

Voss

Erudite
I don't like these kids.
Theres something damn odd about an article that starts with the author speculating about killing his mom. Of course, she probably comes into 'his' basement a lot, so he probably feels generally violated.

Anyway. Needs some fact checking. And lame one liners about bath-sun-tanning just doesn't work. Needs proper metaphors.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Eclecticist said:
A good read, I hadn't checked up on Bloodlines since last year. I still look forward to it.

You really should be checking Gamebanshee's E3 report in that case. Unless you're scared of potential spoilers that is. This is probably my #1 anticipated title (at least at the moment).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom