Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Weapons, Drugs, Violence, Bad Language

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

... and a sniff of sex, <a href="http://www.fragland.net/previews/Alpha-Protocol/198/">you get it all in Alpha Protocol:</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to discover more, but what we got to see was already a pleasant surprise. Especially the conversation system and the possible consequences of your actions are a nice touch and result in a large replayability. We did spot some downpoints in the version we got to play but then we were told that this version was already two months old and when we got to see a slightly newer (but still unfinished) version we already saw a huge improvement.
<br>
</p>
<br>
I wonder what those downpoints were. Imperfect lipsync? Outdated graphics?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97726-alpha-protocol-preview.html">GB</A>

Phelot

Arcane
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TOTALLY AVOID SEX IN ALPHA PROTOCOL

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't read any of that. Is there strap-on anal sex with bioware style women that would be indistinguishable from men if it weren't for their body? Because it's not a real RPG if you don't get to fuck some he-slut in drag while listening to marilyn manson.

denizsi

Arcane
Bioware games are all about Hollywood wannabe grown up emoteens that are srius bziness!, so at least sex scenes are reminiscent of the crap found in movies.

Now, imagine Bethesda doing sex scenes.

<screen blacks out, sound of kissing is heard. View slowly comes back on, focused on your partner's mellowed out face up close, followed by dialogue choices>

[Strength] Are you sure you are ready? I'm about to let out the animal within.
[Perception] So you like it when I touch this spot.
[Endurance] Let's go, we have all the night.
[Charisma] You know you're a lucky girl/man :wink:
[Intelligence] So this goes here. Makes sense.
[Agility] I got a few moves to show you, you'll love it
[Luck] Uh, let's just go with the flow

<obscure camera angles showing either of arms and legs at a time, accompanied by music appropriate to the choice; rock with heavy bass for Str, a Bond-theme mock up for Per, a monotonous riff for End, R&B/Jazz/Slow for Int etc.>

<post-sex>

NPC: Whoaa that was like totally blew my mind.

denizsi said:
Bioware games are all about Hollywood wannabe grown up emoteens that are srius bziness!, so at least sex scenes are reminiscent of the crap found in movies.

Now, imagine Bethesda doing sex scenes.

<screen blacks out, sound of kissing is heard. View slowly comes back on, focused on your partner's mellowed out face up close, followed by dialogue choices>

[Strength] Are you sure you are ready? I'm about to let out the animal within.
[Perception] So you like it when I touch this spot.
[Endurance] Let's go, we have all the night.
[Charisma] You know you're a lucky girl/man :wink:
[Intelligence] So this goes here. Makes sense.
[Agility] I got a few moves to show you, you'll love it
[Luck] Uh, let's just go with the flow

<obscure camera angles showing either of arms and legs at a time, accompanied by music appropriate to the choice; rock with heavy bass for Str, a Bond-theme mock up for Per, a monotonous riff for End, R&B/Jazz/Slow for Int etc.>

<post-sex>

NPC: Whoaa that was like totally blew my mind.

See you're saying that like it's a bad thing, but if you included an adequate 'stat-check FAILURE' for the 'Intelligence' option it could well become the greatest game EVER:)

denizsi

Arcane
I should apply for a designer position at Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom