Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview KOTOR II preview at Team Xbox

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://www.teamxbox.com>Team Xbox</a> posted a 3-page long <a href=http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/734/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II-The-Sith-Lords/p1>preview</a> of <b>KotOR II: The Sith Lords</b>, mostly recycling already known info.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Combat will also feature the hybrid turn-based system used in KotOR with a few additions like quick-key slots for different weapon configurations. The combat system worked so well in the first game, Obsidian was in no hurry to gum up the works. The addition of the quick-key slots will allow players to switch to a weapon that may be more effective on a particular enemy faster. There will be a number of special weapons added to the game, one example being a Boba Fett-like wrist rocket launcher. </blockquote>Cool. A Star Wars game that doesn't support a Boba Fett looking character is like a FR game that doesn't let you play a dual wielding drow.
<br>

Anonymous

Dont forget that Star Wars games must have exactly the same music from the Mos Eisly cantina in every bar in the world. And forcing you to become a Jedi.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Well duh LlamaGod, in Star Wars everyone's gotta be a jedi. It's destiny and whatever. After all; you can't save the world if you're an outhouse cleaner on Tatooine. :wink:

suibhne

Erudite
xJEDx said:
Don't forget Han Solo saved Luke's whiny ass on Death Star I.

Yeah, but Luke wasn't yet a jedi, really, and Han later kinda becomes a jedi (after the movies), so I think you'll have to stand down on that point. :lol:

Voss

Erudite
He does? When is this?
Or are you just proposing fanfic ideas?

suibhne

Erudite
Voss said:
He does? When is this?
Or are you just proposing fanfic ideas?

In the New Jedi Order books, I think, which are part of the official canon. I dunno - a fanboi friend of mine regaled me with tales of Han's later Force manifestations and flirtations with Jedi-ness. Whatever.

Anonymous

Part of the Expanded Universe, which makes pretty much every Star Wars labeled thing canon (videogames included).

Voss

Erudite
Huh, goofy. And fairly stupid...

Of course, the EU stuff is only canon when lucas doesn't contradict it (or himself for that matter). Not that canon is particularly meaningful... the only places where I see it talked about a lot are with SW and the Buffy/Angel shows, and in both cases the writers and, in particular, the creators contradict themselves constantly without a second's thought.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Nothing is wrong with contradiction when it serves the plot. I wouldn't accept it in Fallout, but when it comes to book series that have no connection to oneanother (e.g. Discworld books) or TV shows that are supposed to entertain rather than force you to read through 10000 pages of reference material, I'd go with the whole 'contradiction for the purpose of plot' any day of the week. Babylon 5 did it a couple of times - for example when they discovered the Universal HEaling Machine or whatever in one of the earlier episodes, and when Ivanova was dying, why didn't they use it? Because her dying allowed Marcus to sacrifice his life to save hers. A good sacrifice beats Deus Ex Machina down all the time, man.

Terry Pratchett has admitted that a lot of his books contradict each other, like the fact that Nanny Ogg is a small village witch in Hogswatch but she's the ruler of an empire in another. He says the reason is simple: she's an interesting character and he thought she would work well to fit both roles rather than inventing a new character whom nobody cares about (she is, after all, one of the main characters in the series). He's just explained the contradiction by saying that Discworld exists in a multiverse, rather than a universe, so the stories could simply be set in a parallel timeline. He's the writer, who am I to complain?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom