Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News The Epic Struggle is Over

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay; Project V13

After we were following the struggle between <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40059">Interplay</a> and <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40679">Bethesda</a> for a while, it seems <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23959">this is the final episode</a>, for now.
<br>

<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">In an unprecedented move, Bethesda has dropped their appeal against Interplay, thereby granting victory to the struggling developer. This means that Interplay can move full-steam ahead with their Fallout MMO codenamed "Project V13," according to Interplay investor Frymuchan. Here is what Frymuchan had to say:
<br>

<br>
Bethesda dropped their appeal of the lawsuit with Interplay and a secret deal was struck (maybe they will release the terms of the deal soon, probably so). Anyways, this is awesome news for Interplay stock. The appeal by Bethesda was dropped yesterday. I'm assuming part of the deal was that Interplay drop their countersuit against Bethesda.
<br>

<br>
At any rate, this will likely mean that V13 will be moving full steam ahead, terms of the new deal not yet known but the fact that the game will be made is nothing but good news for Interplay.
<br>
</p>
<br>

<br>
Bethesda chickened out.
<br>

<br>
<b>UPDATE:</b>
<br>

<br>
In latest News <a href="http://kotaku.com/5522344/legal-battle-over-fallout-mmo-continues">Kotaku reports</a> that the lawsuit hasn't been dropped at all:
<br>

<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">Not so says Bethesda's Pete Hines. "That is still ongoing and has not been resolved. It is a minor procedural thing that took place, not a dropping of the lawsuit."
<br>

<br>
So the lawsuit still lives on, and the future of Interplay's Fallout MMO still hangs in the balance, and at the moment there's no end in sight.
<br>

<br>
"The bottom line is it's an ongoing legal matter, it's in no way, shape or form done," Hines continued. "We're going to let the process play out in the courts, which is what we've said all along, but beyond that I can't give specifics as to procedures. That's not my domain."
<br>
</p>
<br>

<br>
The battle continues.
<br>

<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23959">DAC</A>

KalosKagathos

Learned
hervee.jpg

I don't get why Bethesda won't simply let the man make his game... There is no chance in hell that Herve will be able to successfully manage an MMO and make a profit. This is the final death throb of Interplay, don't prolong it.

madbringer

Arcane
herostratus said:
There is no chance in hell that Herve will be able to successfully manage an MMO and make a profit. This is the final death throb of Interplay, don't prolong it.

I was Bethesda, i wouldn't want that Machiavellian, scheming, lying, greedy bastard sticking his dick in my Fallout cake, either. They've stuck enough dicks in it already.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
ranceanger.jpg
I want my fun back!

In latest News <a href="http://kotaku.com/5522344/legal-battle-over-fallout-mmo-continues">Kotaku reports</a> that the lawsuit hasn't been dropped at all:
rancelaughter.jpg
GAHAHAHAHAHAHA

herostratus said:
I don't get why Bethesda won't simply let the man make his game
If I had to guess it has something to do with their own TES MMO. No, I don't know what difference it would make, or if they think it could compete with theirs, or if they were planning on adapting the TES MMO engine for a Fallout MMO, but that's the only explanation I can think of. Of course they shot themselves in the foot when news of the MMO leaked because of the lawsuit...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
madbringer said:
herostratus said:
There is no chance in hell that Herve will be able to successfully manage an MMO and make a profit. This is the final death throb of Interplay, don't prolong it.
I was Bethesda, i wouldn't want that Machiavellian, scheming, lying, greedy bastard sticking his dick in my Fallout cake, either. They've stuck enough dicks in it already.

Yip.

Bethesda is scared to death of Interplay harming "their" franchise's good name.

bhlaab

Erudite
I think the injunction has been dropped, meaning interplay is still allowed to sell old Fallout games on gog and such

Melcar

Arcane
Imagine if 10 years from now we are all buying (or not removing from inventory) new games with the Interplay sticker on them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom