Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Alpha Protocol Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

Watch <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zqqEUshW4&feature=player_embedded">these 2 trailers</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PibDEifRtQ&feature=player_embedded">introducing 2 NPCs.</a>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97597-alpha-protocol-grigori-and-sie-trailers.html">GB</A>

roll-a-die

Magister
I don't want to spook him. SLAM HEAD INTO TABLE!.. This is a game about choice. Moral choice and how it is gray in nature. HEAD SLAM INTO TABLE! This is a game about choice. FUCK HOT RUSSO-GERMAN SLUTTY-SPIES! Choice and it's consequences. UZI EVERY GUARD POSSIBLE!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The "I don't want to spook him. SLAM HEAD INTO TABLE!" scene was ridiculous.

StrangeCase

Educated
It looks like Deus Ex, if Deus Ex was 99% less intelligent and had 99% more testosterone instead. I know you have to please the lowest common denominator if you want to stay competitive, but was it really necessary to lobotomize thoughtful material like this?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
StrangeCase said:
It looks like Deus Ex, if Deus Ex was 99% less intelligent and had 99% more testosterone instead. I know you have to please the lowest common denominator if you want to stay competitive, but was it really necessary to lobotomize thoughtful material like this?
Remember the new shit trailer for DA?

I'm hoping this is the same kind of deal.

This woman's every spoken word is an attempt at a badass quote or something.

What happened to regular conversation?

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Genma:TheDestroyer said:

Perhaps she is intended as comic relief? At any rate her lines made me laugh.

Dionysus

Scholar
Davaris said:
Genma:TheDestroyer said:

Perhaps she is intended as comic relief? At any rate her lines made me laugh.
Yeah, they ditched the serious real-world feeling when they ditched Mitsoda. Now they are trying to go more for the campy over-the-top vibe. Hopefully, they will go far enough to make it entertaining.

circ

Arcane
Maybe I'm completely wrong on this but, shitty though ME shooter part is, with more options like AP stealth crap, it just might be enjoyable. Add to that the cutscene collar grabs like in ME 2, which were admittedly fun on renegade, hey who knows.

Rhalle

Magister
It's so incredibly cliche and poorly done that you can't tell if it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek or not.

StrangeCase said:
It looks like Deus Ex, if Deus Ex was 99% less intelligent and had 99% more testosterone instead.
Synthetic testosterone, surely.

dragonfk

Erudite
circ said:
Maybe I'm completely wrong on this but, shitty though ME shooter part is, with more options like AP stealth crap, it just might be enjoyable. Add to that the cutscene collar grabs like in ME 2, which were admittedly fun on renegade, hey who knows.

Dionysus

Scholar
circ said:
The biggest problem with AP is that the Jack Bauer options don't show well. Badass female Shepard is fun. Thorton appears to be lame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom