Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Fearlessly Herve faced the crowd

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Herve Caen; Interplay

Herve Caen, CEO of <A href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a>, is supposed to have a big meeting today with various employees about their current situation. What is the situation? Well, it seems they're having a wee bit of trouble meeting their payroll <i>again</i>, as employees have only been paid for the period ending on April 30th, as promised, but not the period ending last week, which they should have gotten. They weren't supposed to cash their late checks until today, however.
<br>
<br>
In other fun news, <A href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> has cancelled benefits for their employees <i>again</i>.
<br>
<br>
So, anyone out there still stupid enough to think that they actually <i>sold</i> those D&D rights rather than just lost them in a legal tangle with <A href="http://www.atari.com">Atari</a>?
<br>
<br>
Oh, and as of this posting, they still haven't posted their earnings report for Q1 2004. Just FYI.
<br>

Dan

Liturgist
Funny, the topic title automaticlly links Herve with an idiot.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I was wondering if anyone would notice the Pink Floyd reference there.

Anyway, anyone want to bet on lay offs announced soon?

Dan

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:

Yeah, it's right up there with the refearences Gareth made in his editorial. Like an RPGCodex tradition or something.

Anyway, anyone want to bet on lay offs announced soon?

Christ, I hope not. My bet was august.

I'd rather lay odds that Herve is gonna get lynched, have his genitalia cut off, roasted and fed to crocodiles. Then staked out over a fire ants nest with chocolate spread on his rusty sherrifs badge and left to rot.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bet it's gonna be like Office Space, they won't actually lay anyone off, just stop paying em and hope they're pathetic enough to keep coming to work...

I think it will be more like Res. Evil the movie when they gas all the employees. He could claim it was the fire supression system and sue the company. With the proceeds he could make enough money to fail miserably again.

Rosh

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:

Good one. The first thought I had was "Meddle" and then I finally placed it when you mentioned Pink Floyd. You did well with that easter egg.

StraitLacedDeviant said:
I'd rather lay odds that Herve is gonna get lynched, have his genitalia cut off, roasted and fed to crocodiles. Then staked out over a fire ants nest with chocolate spread on his rusty sherrifs badge and left to rot.

Hey, I have no issues with what is done to Herve, but I don't endorse nor tolerate cruelty to animals at that level. That includes insects.

There's just some things that draw a line, and that's far too brutal to inflift upon such innocent creatures. A magnifying glass would be considered heaven to them after that.

Rosh

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
You know, the Raging Bull forum for IPLY is remarkably still right now considering what's going on.

Too busy eating humble pie?

Transcendent One

Liturgist
StraitLacedDeviant said:
I'd rather lay odds that Herve is gonna get lynched, have his genitalia cut off, roasted and fed to crocodiles
Umm... who'd be insane enough to carry that out? I mean the poor guy who does will probably never be able to live with himself afterwards.

Voss

Erudite
Yeah, I'd feel bad about the crocodiles.
Mistreating animals... it just ain't right.

Rosh

Erudite
Their species has survived relatively intact for quite a few million years.

Who wants to fuck that up?

Dingusamongus

Novice
Call me crazy

You can't profit without taking a chance; ergo, you would be remiss (no - really, realllllly, tupid!(sic)) to overlook this incredible profit "pig trough" called IPLY - RIGHT NOW! Now I know what you must be thinking: "is he really going to sell his grandmother to raise some quid, so that he can scoop up all the stock that suckers are too dumb to hold on to?!" Oh yeah! Colour me that bad - but I don't have any grandmothers left.....if anyone has a grandmother that they could loan me until payday next week, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Ding

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom