Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout: New Vegas Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

OXM Online put up a preview on Obsidian Entertainments upcoming <a href="http://www.oxmonline.com/article/previews/a-f/fallout-new-vegas">Elder Scrolls mod.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">“Using skills in conversations is an emphasis for us,” says Sawyer. The idea in role-playing terms, he clarifies, is that if you’re talking to someone about explosives and that happens to be one of your strongest skills, you’re going to know a lot about them. Apparently, having an emphasis in certain topics means that if they come up in conversation, you’ll have a higher chance of influencing fussy characters. Sounds logical to us!
<br>
<br>
As in most RPGs, you won’t always succeed when you’re trying to sweet-talk characters, but Obsidian is building the game so you’ll always have the chance to do so. They’re also making sure you can apply every single skill — including speech, sneak, barter, and explosives — in conversations. It’s an engaging level of non-combative RPG gameplay that Fallout 3 lacked.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Sounds as if Obsidian is about to focus too much on skillchecks and other irrelevant stuff. That way it'll be almost impossible for them to prove themselves worthy of Bethesda's legacy.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97553-fallout-new-vegas-preview.html">GB</A>

Multi-headed Cow

[Perception] So they're saying they're using words to fight the good fight.

Radisshu

Prophet
If the long-haired wig and red women’s eyeglasses didn’t tip you off before, you learn here that Tabitha is neither human nor female: “she” is actually a male Super Mutant gone completely insane. “No, I won’t let you have my Raul!” he shrieks. Eliminating Tabitha gave us some serious practice time with our grenade machinegun — and plenty of belly laughs.

How lulzy? :?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Radisshu said:
If the long-haired wig and red women’s eyeglasses didn’t tip you off before, you learn here that Tabitha is neither human nor female: “she” is actually a male Super Mutant gone completely insane. “No, I won’t let you have my Raul!” he shrieks. Eliminating Tabitha gave us some serious practice time with our grenade machinegun — and plenty of belly laughs.

Giant Intelligent Mole rat that eat''s Chezzy Puffs.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Radisshu said:

So SMA made it into Fallout 3 NV.... :decline:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How lulzy?

Belly laughs. Don't know what the fuck they are. I usually laugh with my mouth.

Stupid illiterate poster that can't type.

"Fallout 2 had stupid shit so all Fallout games can have stupid shit." We've heard it before, sorry.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Is this shit Fallout 3 DLC or is it a stand-alone game? If it's stand alone why not call it Fallout 4? So that Obsidian can "incline" Fallout 3's garbage engine and then Bethesdur can come back and fuck it all up again? Jesus....

roll-a-die

Magister
Why was Fallout BoS called that as a standalone game?

The reason it's not called Fallout 4 is that it's not a part of the main series storyline. It's a spin off game, made by a different company/team, therefore it's not a true sequel.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's a spin off game, made by a different company/team, therefore it's not a true sequel.

:lol:

Good one. Fallout 3 must be a true sequel then.

Supposedly, though, New Vegas will reference events from Fallout 1 and 2 and ignore the Fallout 3 story, so at least in that aspect it would be a more true sequel.

Radisshu

Prophet
CrimsonAngel said:
Radisshu said:

Did I say I thought the stupid parts of Fallout 2 were great?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Jaesun said:
In before Skyway.

sw7hib.jpg

roll-a-die

Magister
FeelTheRads said:
It's a spin off game, made by a different company/team, therefore it's not a true sequel.

:lol:

Good one. Fallout 3 must be a true sequel then.

Supposedly, though, New Vegas will reference events from Fallout 1 and 2 and ignore the Fallout 3 story, so at least in that aspect it would be a more true sequel.

Main team and owner changed, meng. IP is in the hands of Bethesda/Zenimax, therefore they are the main dev team.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What are the odds we'll get a MotB? i.e. an excellent game with a shitty engine?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
What are the odds we'll get a MotB? i.e. an excellent game with a shitty engine?

about 50/50 which is the only reason i'm still paying the fuck attention.

CrimHead

Scholar
50/50? Obsidian has produced nothing but second grade shit since their conception with the sole exception of MotB. Couple those odds with the fact that Bethesda is overseeing the project...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom