Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review Divine Divinity Review

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Divine Divinity; Larian Studios

With the recent flooding of CRPG releases in the market, Divine Divinity finds itself in steep competition against many other games of the same genre, some of which that have been more received wider press coverage and have garnered a larger fan-base than Divine Divinity, Larian Studios' second effort into the already saturated CRPG market. Divine Divinity, a game with a tautological name as any others you would have noticed was a game plagued by constant delays ever since it was first put into full production in the year 2000 after the cancellation of Larian Studios' previous effort, "The Lady, the Mage & the Knight". How does it compare with all the others?

Read the full article: Divine Divinity Review

humorguy

Novice
You want the 1.05 patch? Sorry, have to pay GOG or Impulse $6 to get it by getting the 're-mastered' patch. Read the readme and it look like a regular patch, but call it 're-mastered' and you can charge for it - thank Larian, GOG and Impulse for destroying my faith in gaming just a little more!

Murk

Arcane
... the hell just happened? If you're bitching about the latest patch not being anything, then you're wrong -- it actually fixes a rather large and possibly game-stopping bug.

Or are you complaining that the only way to access it is to pay for it and download it from gog.com?

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Six fucking dollars - are you seriously complaining about six fucking measly bucks for a patch for an eight year old game, that they were never obligated to do? Are you in a third world country or something?

Jesus Christ.

jonnypolen

Liturgist
Yeah, what the fuck? How long do you expect small game developers to be able to support their games for free? I am going to gog.com right now to buy a copy of the game just out of spite for you.

Murk

Arcane
My assumption is that the digital distributers made a semi-exclusive deal for the patch as a means of, you know, enticing people to buy the game and to also keep true to their "compatible with modern OSes" stance.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I rarely post here anymore, in fact, GD is more interesting because they don't talk about Oblivion ad nauseum.

But dude, DD is awesome. Just get over the first five diablo levels and it turns into an RPG.

Good luck with your six bucks.

Bye the way, I never played the GOG version, just the original with standard patches and it worked fine for me, as far as I know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom