Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age at first glance - Gamespy

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Apparently <a href="http://www.gamespy.com" target=_blank>Gamespy</a> has gotten the chance to see a short demo of Bioware's recently announced Dragon Age. There's not really much <a href="http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dragon-age/514178p1.html" target=_blank>revealed about the game</a>, as can be concluded from this quote:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
"This is a spiritual successor to all or our recent games," said BioWare cofounder Greg Zeschuk. "This melds the fun of party interaction from Baldur's Gate, the community and multiplayer aspect of Neverwinter Nights and the tactical combat of Knights of the Old Republic. We wanted to take all of that and put it together in a new game that was our own."</blockquote>
<br>
So, what does that <i>really</i> mean? I wouldn't say combat in KOTOR was it's strong point for instance, so that's just silly. Spin doctoring at it's best!
<br>
<br>
B t w - make sure to check the first 7 screens. Now, discuss.

Flink

Liturgist
This just reminds me how much I dislike the Aurora/Odyessy Engine...

Whipporowill

Erudite
Seems like they used the same basic models for this game, considering their characters are very prone to wield butt-ugly stick-like weapons. Blah.

Well, I guess it's still too early to tell if the game will have an interesting story or so.

Flink

Liturgist
Hell, BG's combat was way more tactical then the combat in KOTOR.

Anonymous

"Everyone loves a tremendous story, and we are using this new setting to help tell it. We've even hired more and better writers. This is going to be a living world that players will want to explore to get familiar with the people and the characters."

Epic 'Find my 4 objects' storyline with dragons at the end, with a huge surprise twist that comes out of nowhere, as you approach the end-game a box pops up that says 'Are you Evil? Yes/No' choosing 'No' makes you HERO OF THE UNIVERSE, choosing yes MAKES YOU RULE THE UNIVERSE WITH LOTS OF DARK LIGHTING.

REPLY METER THROUGH THE ROOF.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
KotOR had NPC interactions too. Yet they said BG for NPC interactions, regardless of the fact that the first BG was remarkably light on that. Weird...

Really, I was glad that they choose to switch between overhead and camera-glued-to-ass mode, cause that was annoying in KotOR to not be able to switch to overhead, I really don't care if they make it pause and play, I had plenty of fun with the system in the BG games, but they go say something totally beyond moronic like that about KotOR and it just totally makes me loose any hope for the combat aspect regardless of all the other things mentioned.

Plus, the way they said this will combine aspects from the three other games by them, each representing it's own franchise, maybe instead of Dragon Age a more appropriate name would be The Three Shits :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So, I guess it's just a generic possibly LotRingish fantasy with different names and possibly dragon- or dragon name-involving twists here and there. Sounds good. I'm really sick and tired of FR in games. I'm sure that Bio can do a better job that WotC hacks like Salvatore. At the very least they can't do any worse. So, yay for the new cool role-p...err, adventure game!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Shitty little nerdy cunts on a rampage, whowee!

Yaddayaddayaddabarf. Fuckin' hell, do you guys tend to get tiresome little cunts or what. "shit casserole", sheesh...what do we actually know about it allready? Having your own opinion, having critisiscm, thats okay, but this old bashing gets soo fucking lame. Oh well, enjoy the niche, I'm too fucking tired for this crap right now.
Fuck you and don't forget to choke on your pepsi light,

Trash

plin

Liturgist
Re: Shitty little nerdy cunts on a rampage, whowee!

Trash said:
Yaddayaddayaddabarf. Fuckin' hell, do you guys tend to get tiresome little cunts or what. "shit casserole", sheesh...what do we actually know about it allready? Having your own opinion, having critisiscm, thats okay, but this old bashing gets soo fucking lame. Oh well, enjoy the niche, I'm too fucking tired for this crap right now.
Fuck you and don't forget to choke on your pepsi light,

Trash

I agree,

Voss

Erudite
Mmm. Graphics look cleaner. Less pixelated.

From the war going on, I'm sensing an epic story line.

Oooh. Elevations.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Don't you like ever get tired of your whining, Trash? Besides, if our bashing gets lame, ignore it, or take a break, go post someplace else for a few months, and then come back if you miss us. :wink: Btw, why are you surprised that we're not excited about Bio's new game that according to Bio consists of 3 worst parts of the previous games?

Spazmo

Erudite
At the initial announcement, I felt it was too early to judge Dragon Age. I think I'm ready now to dismiss this game as boring poop. NEXT!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WOW!

I was her ejust 10 minutes ago, and this thread magically appears out of thin air and has almost a score of posts.

Anyways, once again, RPGCodex is slow on the uptake as I caught this link on the OBSIDIAN boards of all places and my response there was the following:

"It has possibilities. Worried about them working on two 'distinctive campigns; one for sp the other for mp'. Beh.

And, though them creating their own races *is* a good thing; they still better have dwarves.Or esle they deserve to be FRIED.

Graphics look acceptable. Don't look any better than Jade Empire though (which is fantastic looking)...

Meh on large scale battles.

Still got wait on the character creation system before saying much more... "

To ad dmore to the comments in this thread, I agree with everything that BIo stated in that article but one thing - KOTOR combat being tatical. it wasn't. In fact, combat wise it is easily the least tatcal of ALL the BIO games. All of them. And, I'll say thatd espite not even playing 2 of BIO's games. What's funny is that JE is supposed to be 'action rpg' and it'll probably have more tatics then KOTOR did. Beh. Shame on them, shame on them.

That said, with what littlel we know, to early to judge it for good or ill.

Meh. rant on.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
Anyways, once again, RPGCodex is slow on the uptake as I caught this link on the OBSIDIAN boards of all places and my response there was the following
Wow, you're so cool. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. :)

It has possibilities.
No shit! What are you, Yoda? :lol:

And, though them creating their own races *is* a good thing; they still better have dwarves.
I'm sure they would have every DnD race and then claim that they invented them

That said, with what littlel we know, to early to judge it for good or ill.
Well, we already know that combat will suck and party members would be chattering endlessly. 2 strikes.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
1. Don't. You'll regret being like me. heck, i regret being me and wasting time here. :lol: :wink:

2. No. I may be ugly; but I am neitehr green or short. And, i'm real. I think. :shock:

3. Proof? :?

4. No.

Nightjed

Liturgist
aw man, i was hoping bioware would at least "try" a different kind of game but they just HAD to go all "we put all our games in a blender and came out with this not so unique idea!", oh well, like Spazmo said, NEXT!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Um... They've been saying that for MONTHS. Geez.. Don't people actually read? :roll:

Vault Dweller

Developer
1. Change. It's never too late to start a new life, throw away your NWN copy, admit that FO1 is better then FO2, and join the Unity!

2. Real? Come on, you're an internet personality. :lol:

3. Proof of what? DnD races being there or Bio claiming that they invented action combat, games, computers, and electricity?

4. Yes :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom