Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Ask J.E. Sawyer Random Questions

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian developer J.E. Sawyer has joined some new social networking site called <a href="http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer" target="blank">formspring.me</a> that lets random people ask random questions.
<br>
<blockquote> What game were you not involved in developing in any way - that you wish you had been part of?
<br>
<br>
I think most people would expect me to say "Torment", but I've never really wished that. I can't imagine what I could have contributed to the project that everyone else already covered -- save some combat balance, but for most people the game did not hinge on its combat. The games I wish I could have been a part of are projects that had great potential but some terrible problems with execution, games that had great technology, great presentation, and exceedingly poor system or content design. And I'm not going to name any of them.</blockquote>
<br>
Hopefully Pooperscooper will get in on this action.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">NMA</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LOL What an arrogant coward. First he claims he can fix other games' problems even thoguh hwe cna't fix his own games' problems then he doesn't have the guts to see which games could use his 'midas touch'. LMFAO

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Volourn said:
LOL What an arrogant coward. First he claims he can fix other games' problems even thoguh hwe cna't fix his own games' problems then he doesn't have the guts to see which games could use his 'midas touch'. LMFAO
Arrogant?

He just did admit in that page that all his games are 'okay' at best, and 'frowny face' usually.

This is the man who admitted that NWN2 sucked, after all. :P

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:

please fix your fucking keyboard/fingers so i can make sense out of your bullshit.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Volourn said:

HELLO...

I DON'T SPEAK RETARD!!!
CAN YOU TRANSLATE!!

THANK YOU!!!.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Arrogant?

He just did admit in that page that all his games are 'okay' at best, and 'frowny face' usually.

This is the man who admitted that NWN2 sucked, after all."

Like I said he can't do his games right yet he has the arrogance to claim he can fix others' games. LMAO

And, if he is going toc laim to be able to do it at least have the ballz to state the games he's referring to. LMAO

He even mentions the fact he doesn't have the ballz to name them. LMAO

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
"Arrogant?

Like I said he can't do his games right yet he has the arrogance to claim he can fix others' games. LMAO

And, if he is going toc laim to be able to do it at least have the ballz to state the games he's referring to. LMAO

Volourn > J.E. Sawyer

bhlaab

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Arrogant?

so what you think you could do his forumspring better??

denizsi

Arcane
He must be quite concerned about Obsidian's future, and thus his own, to be so reluctant to name a few games, possibly to avoid getting hired by would-be-butthurt development studios. Possibly Bethesda and Bioware included.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
denizsi said:
He must be quite concerned about Obsidian's future, and thus his own, to be so reluctant to name a few games, possibly to avoid getting hired by would-be-butthurt development studios. Possibly Bethesda and Bioware included.

Totally! It can't be because Obsidian is a developer that relies on companies like Bethesda or BioWare to work with, or on working with publishers whose games he doesn't want to insult either. Oh man, that's totally not it!

PS: total maron LMAO

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

come on...seriously? you mean for us to believe that you're just sitting in your goddamn chair laughing hysterically over and over? you idiot, volourn.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I went to college at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. The faculty and staff had a day care program for their small children. Periodically, students could see the children being walked around campus on a long rope with their hands through loops. It was the adults' way of wrangling a large number of children. I started calling them "rope kids" and eventually took the user name from that.
o_O

Avvy never played Arcanum, sawyer never wished to take part in torment...

burns-excellent.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Codex questions?

So when are you gonna make an isometric turn-based RPG? FFS.
When a publisher is interested in funding one for development through Obsidian.

are you gay
Not yet.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"so what you think you could do his forumspring better??"

wut?

Jason

chasing a bee
Are you still working on The Black Hound? If not, WHY?? If you are, how's it coming along?

No. The Black Hound project took up too much of my free time. It felt like working two full time+ jobs and I think it impacted the quality of everything I was doing.

:codexrage:

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Jason said:
Are you still working on The Black Hound? If not, WHY?? If you are, how's it coming along?

No. The Black Hound project took up too much of my free time. It felt like working two full time+ jobs and I think it impacted the quality of everything I was doing.

:codexrage:

That was my question! w00t

I kind of already knew that was going to be his answer, but still, it's too bad.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Not surprising. As a modder, he's as big a loser as me. HAHAHAHA!

Then again, he gets to make agmes, so in that way he's a winner unlike me. HAHAHAHA!

R00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom