Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Brand new and the best evar NWN review!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<a href=http://www.games-chart.com>Game Chart</a> has decided to open up a <a href=http://www.games-chart.com/pc.html>PC section</a> with a bang, and what could be better then a brand new <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com>Neverwinter Nights</a> <a href=http://www.games-chart.com/nwn_review.html>review</a> written by a guy named <b>FireBot</b>? Absolutely nothing! Especially when the review is deep enough to note that <i>the game play is what makes this game great</i>, which is true, btw, as I've never heard anybody saying that inventory management makes a game great. Anyway, I had (more then) a few beers, so I feel chatty. I'm sorry. Not really, but anyway...
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The story it follows is you are the hero that is trying to help the 'queen' find a cure for the disease that is plaguing the city of Neverwinter. I don't want go into any more detail then that, because I don't want to ruin the story. Let me tell you that from what I have seen the story line is amazing! Neverwinter Nights also has a Multiplayer mode that lets you play over the internet on a server someone made on a quest that they made as well. I think that this is the coolest feature because it allows you to interact with actual humans so it is a lot easier to form a technical battle plan where as if it is an AI partner you can only give them simple commands like 'Stand Your Ground' and 'Guard Me'. But with a human obviously the possibilities are endless! Another thing is at the beginning of a campaign mode, or when you first go to a server online you need to make a new character. To do this you get many options. You get to choose the gender, race, portrait, class, alignment, abilities, and look/name/age of your character. In addition to choosing all of that you also get to chose if your character starts with any objects (weapons, armor, etc.). With all these options your character can be exactly how you want him or her to be. Just another reason why this game is so great! </blockquote>How funny is this? Ok, I saved the best line for last: "Also some of the people you will talk to actually <b>talk with words</b>, so you don't always have to read a ton of text!" Ok, I will go now and practice talking with words.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
You are as bad as he is. Reviewing a review about a 2 year old game. Weird...

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
He gave this a 96%? This guy has his head firmly lodged in his ass. Gameplay? What gameplay???!!! He also used those stupid quote things around words like 'Toolset'. I hate that stuff I guess that makes him a 'Dumbass'. Where do these people come from?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
You are as bad as he is. Reviewing a review about a 2 year old game. Weird...
I beg to differ. He reviewed an old game, and I brought you fresh entertainment. Huge difference. Come on, look my avatar in the eye and tell me the review wasn't funny.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You know, I'm not sure if reviews that seem to have been written by retarded 9-year-olds are worth reporting as news. On the other hand, it is funny.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Check the site. Under the headline of Pre E3-Coverage The Sims 2! we have...
game-chart said:
The Sims 2 seem to be an awesome game by watching the screenshots and movies! Not only that it caught many people attention by the new features that will be in the game. We most definitely we will have more information when E3 starts. For now check out the screenshots and movies that we currently have!
... movies and screenshots!! OMG pre-E3 coverage si k3wl!!1!

Voss

Erudite
I wonder how long he has to watch those screenshots before realizing they don't move.

Ortchel

Liturgist
Who cares if it's news? That was hilarious.

The jokes just write themselves.

So, VD, what are you drinking?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
And here I was thinking VC would praise the poor, twisted man's sense of writing great entertainment while staring out the window thinking "boy, do those trees look real". :lol:

"Talk with words"? That's a new one. I just call it "talk", plain and simple. Then again; I only use it because it's hard to carry around the subtitles.

Unique character development, he says? Someone ought to thump him and call the gigantic sandworm to eat his remains for trying to pull off a stunt like that. Ooh... I can create that elven warrior I know I am in that parallel universe! How cool is that. I'll name him "HaXX0r"... Call the sandworms!

Then again; you must give the guy credit for actually using his alias on this thing. It's a strange hybrid of coward-ness and brave-ness. I wouldn't go that far myself to ruin a great alias, so let's have a parade for the moron. Dumbest of the dumb and bravest of the cowardly. After all: he plays NWN.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Have you guys read some of the reviews out there. Some people think just because they play 40 hours of games a week that they should review games, when they have the literary skills of a demented rhesus monkey. It's pointless blabbing on about a game in an article when you can't express one iota of interesting fact. Read a friggin book and try again.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Ortchel said:
So, VD, what are you drinking?
I'm fond of Bavarian beer. I had a pleasure of working there for a year which taught me a valuable life lesson: good beer is made in Germany, anything else is horsepiss. Some exceptions apply though. Yesterday I had Weihenstephaner Dark.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm more fond of Czech pils myself, particulary Pilsner Urquell and Krusovice. Oh, and British ale/bitter/stout rocks. Ever tried German Weissbier (white beer, made from wheat)?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Azael said:
Ever tried German Weissbier (white beer, made from wheat)?
Yep, that's the one I had yesterday. Full name Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier Dark. I like Pilsner Urquell, every now and then, that's one of the exceptions that I mentioned. Czech beer is pretty good, but nothing beats Bavarian stuff, so why bother? :)

Beer is ok... I suppose. Cider is for real men though. Ah crisp cool apple delight. Gets you drunk twice and fast and kills you twice as painfully. I drink Bulmers, its called magners in the uk and the rest of the world. Also strongbow is good if you want to really kill those braincells.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
Yep, that's the one I had yesterday. Full name Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier Dark. I like Pilsner Urquell, every now and then, that's one of the exceptions that I mentioned. Czech beer is pretty good, but nothing beats Bavarian stuff, so why bother? :)

Ah, that was a Weissbier, didn't recognize the brand since we pretty much only get Erdinger over here, which is OK especially the Dunkel one.

Really real men, who are real, and on sundays go to a training camp to catch up on being really real drink Poteen (pronounced put-sheen), 100% alcohol made from 'taters.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Elvander said:
Really real men, who are real, and on sundays go to a training camp to catch up on being really real drink Poteen (pronounced put-sheen), 100% alcohol made from 'taters.

That's disgusting. For me it is only Fat Tire Ale made in Colorado and Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum in Coca-Cola.

All day. Every day

Imaginery men drink invisible tea from little girls plastic tea sets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom