Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Mass Effect 2 - Kasumi DLC Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

I hope you saved up 7$ because the time is drawing near. <a href="http://www.atomicgamer.com/articles/1020/mass-effect-2-kasumi-stolen-memory-preview">Word is, this will be even better</a> than the Alternate Appearance Pack.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">Kasumi's loyalty quest starts out nice enough, with some new formal wear for your Shepard and a party that you'll have to infiltrate. You're trying to break in the vault of a high-profile mark named Donovan Hock who's got the galaxy's best party going on, and you'll be shipping in your equipment in a golden statue of Saren (for those who didn't play the first game, he was the villain there), of all things. It starts out with conversation and exploration of the party as you figure out how to get a DNA sample and voice print from your mark, and once you get past security, things go bad quickly. Suffice it to say that you'll be shooting your way out, but not before finding a new submachine gun called the Locust first. According to BioWare's Casey Hudson, there's at least one other weapon that'll pop up as well.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
<i>She's a master thief and is the only companion character that can cloak like Infiltrators do...</i> , <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41951&highlight=kasumi">as I predicted.</a>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14704">RPGWatch</A>

racofer

Thread Incliner
Clockwork Knight said:
And why the fuck a Saren statue? Everyone knew he was the bad guy.

Vader_statue_at_Bast_castle.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Of all the names! Did the inspiration just hit the writers when they played DOA or something?

As if the game needed more companions. What it needed is more, better written missions instead of this shit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
RK47 said:
Of all the names! Did the inspiration just hit the writers when they played DOA or something?

As if the game needed more companions. What it needed is more, better written missions instead of this shit.
You're really butthurt because this means you'll need to restart the LP from scratch to include Kasumi ;)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Is Mass Effect moddable? Because I would buy this DLC if someone would hit me up with some swimsuit armor and a volleyball launcher.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
:mystery:

We'll find out within hours of the DLC being released, when the Bioboards get flooded with complaints about the lack of romance and demanding their money back.

anomie

Scholar
Andyman Messiah said:
Is Mass Effect moddable? Because I would buy this DLC if someone would hit me up with some swimsuit armor and a volleyball launcher.

as with almost every single unreal engine 3 game made, me2 for pc is simply a port of the console version. even tweaking the fucking engine's .ini file is a hassle because they made it so if it doesn't match the original character count, the game won't even boot.

they also didn't release a toolset for the game.

fuck unreal engine 3 tho, fucking piece of shit console engine

anomie said:
Andyman Messiah said:

as with almost every single unreal engine 3 game made, me2 for pc is simply a port of the console version. even tweaking the fucking engine's .ini file is a hassle because they made it so if it doesn't match the original character count, the game won't even boot.

lolwut? I don't understand. What sane developer would spend time implementing such a stupid block?

anomie

Scholar
who knows. somehow I think they probably didn't mean to do it, I don't know. remember, they outsourced the port to pc in me1 to demiurge, but did it all by themselves for me2.

just saw this though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Eng ... l_Engine_3

still couldn't be bothered with adding AA because they knew that every single game being made with their engine would be first and foremost a console game.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Speaking of ME and engines and ini files, am I the only one who saw absolutely no fucking difference between linear filter and 16x anisotropic?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The entire concept of this DLC is so dumb it boggles the mind. A "master thief" who needs Shepard to steal for her? Either she is a master thief and she doesn't need help, or she does need help and there's no fucking reason why Shepard would want to recruit her.

Maybe she simply gives good blowjobs? The people who would buy this DLC probably know a lot about sucking cock, in either case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom