Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info 2nd ToEE patch in QA

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Atari; Temple of Elemental Evil

An <a target=_blank href=http://www.atari.com>Atari</a> guy called <b>Slim</b> has announced in <a target=_blank href=http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378954>this thread</a> in the forum that the second patch for <a target=_blank href=http://www.greyhawkgame.com>The Temple of Elemental Evil</a> is finally being tested by Atari:
<br>
<ul>Hello everyone,
<br>
<br>
I'm helping to make sure patch 2.0 is swiftly a reality. We're having favorable results with it internally so far.
<br>
<br>
In fact, I'm playing with the patch myself, and enjoying it!
<br>
<br>
Soon, we will be able to post information concerning fixes included in the patch, and a release date.
<br>
<br>
Slim, Atari Producer</ul>
<br>
Let's hope some people are actually still playing it...
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.cdprojekt.info">CD Projekt</A>

Spazmo

Erudite
So those bastards finally get around to maybe thinking about releasing patch #2 the day after I finish playing with ToEE again.

DAMN YOU ATARI!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I quit playing it halfway-through because it kept hanging my PC. Approx. once an hour. I suspect the reason is that I don't have enough coolers in my computer. But the only games that cause the same symptoms are ToEE and Gothic 2. Morrowind is, I think, more graphically intensive than ToEE and runs just fine. So I suspect some lame coding.
I would be happy if this patch helped, but I think - if it's true that Stive Moret made it all by himself - that it won't change any technical stuff.

taks

Liturgist
it could also imply the bottleneck is the CPU rather than the vid card... can't say for sure, really.

i suspect a biggie is all the pathfinding they do for every critter on a given map... maybe that's why it's so bad in the nodes (more critters?).

i shall play the new patch... i'd like for this game to be something worthwhile overall some day.

taks

Whipporowill

Erudite
I will be replaying ToEE again... not sure if I should wait for the 3rd patch though, considering it should actually ADD content, as Steve said. But that won't be out until next century at this lame-ass snail pace...

decisions, decisions

Flink

Liturgist
Aye, Patch 3 will probably be tested around the time when most of us RPGcodex visitors have lost control of most of our bodily functions, not to mention our minds...

suibhne

Erudite
taks said:
i suspect a biggie is all the pathfinding they do for every critter on a given map... maybe that's why it's so bad in the nodes (more critters?).

It's not just pathfinding, as I and many others on the Atari forums never experienced any slowdowns - even in the nodes. Or rather, the only slowdowns I ever experienced were due to lots of spell effects and baddies simultaneously onscreen, and those happened everywhere that that situation occurred, and they weren't nearly as bad as the Infinity Engine slowdown bug anyway.

I fully believe that you and Volourn and many others experienced these severe lags in the nodes, but it's not a universal problem; there's plainly some hardware or software connection here. I only hope Stever found it.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I haven't even applied the first patch, yet. I didn't notice too many problems the first time, but I haven't played it too much. What did the first patch fix?

voodoo1man

Liturgist
Yay!

I haven't played TOEE yet. My remarkable patience (ok, lack of time and horrible gaming addiction problems) is paying off. So I guess you can add one more notch to your tally.

Flink

Liturgist
I hope it will be out sooner rather then later. I'm itching for some ToEE right about now...

Anonymous

I'll probably play it over again for fun, I think and to see the new thingies.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
After the second patch comes out I am going to start TOEE over. First I need to finish playing Fallout again. Damn that game is fun!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom