Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alpha Protocol Beyond Good and Evil

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

Seganerds don't hesitate to give us some of <a href="http://seganerds.thekartel.com/blog/2010/03/24/alpha_protocol_impressions:_plot_depth_beyond_good_and_evil">their impressions</a> of Alpha Protocol.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">With intense, third person action shooters and moral decisions (see Heavy Rain both being hot buttons in the game industry, it’s hard to stand up to behemoths like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable, etc.
<br>
<br>
The first instance showed the main character, Michael Thornton, coming back from a dangerous mission to find another key character, Mina, in bed. A sweet welcome and a warning about looming danger was given by Mina. A player controlled debate on what to do next followed, ending with Michael woo-ing some smooching from Mina (naturally).
<br>
<br>
The other scenario consisted of a cut scene where Mina suddenly attacked Michael and stunned him using his own stun tool. Mina revealed that she didn’t know who to trust anymore between Michael and the antagonist. The player is given full control over the dialogue options and we saw Michael try to plead and warn her of an apparent threat to her life to no avail. Mina clearly didn’t like the dialogue choice we had taken and stormed out of the room.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Do you get the chick or don't you get the chick? Choices and Consequences.
<br>
Will Obsidian Entertainment's Alpha Protocol be able to live up to the expectations and high standards set by the Behemoths of RPG gaming (Gears of War, Fable, Heavy Rain etc)? We can only hope.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14679">RPGWatch</A>

ending with Michael woo-ing some smooching from Mina (naturally)

Naturally.

Mina clearly didn’t like the dialogue choice we had taken and stormed out of the room.

I bet my left testicle that you can win her trust back anyways in the unlikely scenario you're dumb enough to pick the obvious "she won't like this" options without meaning to

Ermm

Erudite
If at least it would had more interesting characters (with that I mean not some Kill Bill character shit as they are talking) and better story then I would be interested.
Yeah it is in vein of Mass Effect but because I am Faq on 24 then I would consider this as an guilty pleasure if it would be done on that direction.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I wish they wouldn't have thrown Brian Mitsoda's script out the window. Probably would have been better than what they've got now.

sah

Liturgist
With intense, third person action shooters and moral decisions (see Heavy Rain both being hot buttons in the game industry, it’s hard to stand up to behemoths like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable, etc.

lol'd hard IRL

You couldn't parody this stuff, it already sounds like a joke. Gaming "journalism" is so hilarious.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Maybe AP will be a good game, let's not judge it prematurely

You must be new here; judging prematurely is the source of truth on the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom