Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

After their Teaser Trailer and its subliminal message CDProjekt now released a first cinematic Trailer. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8A6f1bmdBQ&feature=player_embedded#">Take a look at it.</a>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://gamecorner.pl/gamecorner/1,86013,7702715,Dwadziescia_minut_Wiedzmina_2__z_komentarzem_autorow.html">Here's more.</a> Be warned, the site is in polish.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97325-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-videos.html">GB</A>

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Well, they seem to have come up with some more interesting monster designs this time around.

Taking some time to build atmosphere and a sense of space with all of those establishing shots was a nice touch, but it begs as to how much stuff like this we'll be sitting through in the game. I don't object to cinematic flourishes, and cut-scenes are certainly the right place for them, but this is still supposedly an RPG, and letting the player know too much more than the protagonist can really break a story in the long run.

Voice on the "mysterious stranger" is pretty cringe-worthy. Hopefully it's just placeholder.

relootz

Scholar
I have very high expectation for this game. Anything a lot better then the original will be a disappointment for me. They know well where the faults lay with the original and the extended edition, so the bar is raised high this time while the original took me completely by surprise.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
WhiskeyWolf said:
Mister Arkham said:
Hopefully it's just placeholder.
In a official trailer?

Didn't catch that it was supposed to be an official trailer. It doesn't really play like one (title card at the beginning, with specification of it being in-engine) so I just sort of figured that it was designed to show off gameplay footage. Either way, the one-eyed assassin's high-school-student-trying-to-do-a-300-guy voice really put me off.

Lothers

Scholar
Looks good so far, facial animations are only temporary (much work to be done), there are many effects to be added (like some shaders, hair animations, etc.), Michał Kiciński from CD Projekt RED told me on GOL forums that voices of main characters (Geralt, Dandelion, Triss) will stay the same. My expectations are high on this one. I'm little concerned about game to be shorter though.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mister Arkham said:
Voice on the "mysterious stranger" is pretty cringe-worthy. Hopefully it's just placeholder.

The conversation is pretty nonsensical too.

At least the camera work is better than in the first trailer.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Did I see a mudcrab in that first one?

Despite the arm-wavey-ness and apparent need to move a lot of the talking people, seems all right so far graphics and story-wise.

Geralt likes to roll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom