Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pre-order Mount & Blade: Warband

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Mount & Blade

According to <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97287-pre-order-mount-a-blade-warband-start-playing-now.html">Gamebanshee</a>, a site that actually receives press releases, you can start <a href="http://www.mountandbladewarband.com/buy">preordering Mount & Blade: Warband</a> now, which will grant you instant access to both the multiplayer and single player betas as well.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/">GB</A>

Gerrard

Arcane
You mean it won't get me any exclusive in-game items? These guys should brush up their marketing.

Morkar Left

It´s multiplayer now :lol:

Besides that the gfx are improved and they have stolen the best mod features (kingdom management etc) and included it + you can get married now.

It´s totally next-gen now but I still think it will be fun and an improvement I want to pay for :shock:

GlobalExplorer said:
What did they actually improve? I watched the trailer on http://www.mountandbladewarband.com/ and it looked exactly like the first game (except the symbols over the characters head). Even the companions still have the same names.

The graphics have been given a decent overhaul, textures and models are improved, animations are better, you can't go 'couched lance' with every pole-arm in the game (it has to be a lance, and you have to tap a button to activate it), etc.

I got it last night, and I've been playing around with it since. It's a bunch of little things that on the whole add up to a better experience. Though I will miss just picking up any ol' Pole-arm and mowing down masses of troops usually far too strong for me at the beginning. Actual lances require about 11 strength, and over a thousand denars, so it takes a bit to work up to them.

Morkar Left

Any new quests? Better interactions with lords? Quests that don´t end in "Kill all enemies on the battlefield"?

Morkar said:
Any new quests? Better interactions with lords? Quests that don´t end in "Kill all enemies on the battlefield"?

Yeah, there's new quests, being a Lord opens up a number of new management options for your fiefs, and as for your last question...

....well, it's M&B. I dunno how things are farther in, but right now it still boils down to 'how many armed peasants can you bludgeon before they get you'. To be fair, most of my time has been spent randomly raiding small towns and selling people in slavery.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
you can't go 'couched lance' .. you have to tap a button to activate it),
No!!! It was much more fun when you had to micro-manage your horse and speed to get the couched lance effect. Not that I'm interested in MP updates anyway.

Paula Tormeson IV said:
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
you can't go 'couched lance' .. you have to tap a button to activate it),
No!!! It was much more fun when you had to micro-manage your horse and speed to get the couched lance effect. Not that I'm interested in MP updates anyway.

You still have to get up a good rate of speed before tapping X works.

Yeesh

Magister
Morkar said:
It´s multiplayer now :lol:

Besides that the gfx are improved and they have stolen the best mod features (kingdom management etc) and included it + you can get married now.

It´s totally next-gen now but I still think it will be fun and an improvement I want to pay for :shock:
I'm just about ten days into playing M&B for the first time, and I surely love it. But I have to wonder what this expansion offers the single-player gamer over, say, the Native Expansion mod. I'm much more of a graphics whore than your average codexer (like I won't hardly even even PLAY a game in 320X200 anymore!), but the current M&B graphics seem pretty good to me, especially considering the number and variety of troops on a battlefield at any given time.

As far as multiplayer goes, now that I've played the game I'm very surprised that's the direction they wanted to go. This game is all about getting the one-hits, and that would only seem to be a satisfying gameplay experience for one of the two people involved...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom