Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Now prepare for more RPG greatness. Dramatic events ensue.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt

... <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-official-the-witcher/63501">over at GameTrailers</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>RPG of the year with 100+ Awards
<br>
Metacritic Score 86%
<br>
Metacritic User Score 9.0
<br>
1.5 million units sold on PC alone.
<br>
<br>
Now prepare for more RPG greatness.
<br>
<br>
The Order's rebellion has been quelled.
<br>
King Foltest has been saved from a mysterious assassin.
<br>
Yet dramatic events ensue in spite of the King's salvation.
<br>
The Northern Kingdoms will soon be plunged into chaos.
<br>
<br>
Captivating, mature and non-linear storytelling.
<br>
Dynamic combat with vast tactical capabilities.
<br>
Dazzling, state-of-the-art visuals.
<br>
Hot naked sex.</blockquote>
<br>
Thanks <b>Tannhauser</b>!

Angthoron

Arcane
Yay!

That actually made me curious.

Incurs no feeling of :rage: unlike Deus Ex 3 trailer, too.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
That undress-spell is quite awesome, I will give them that.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will I have to buy the Euro version to get nudie playing cards?

spekkio

Arcane
I'm gonna wait for inevitable Ultimate Exhanced Edition Pro before buying it, though.

relootz

Scholar
I thouroughly enjoyed the Witcher and its setting, refreshing from all the normal 'zomg heroes comes to save us SUPERL33T'.

Looking forward to this one!

hoochimama

Liturgist
They certainly made his face more consumer-friendly, but those pretty looking graphics must require a monster rig, especially if you take into account TW1's performance vs graphical quality.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Didn't see anything bad, and surely noticed the scabbards. As in the first one I'm only worried about the combat

But it's not really an rpg. Maybe from now on put Witcher 2 related discussion under General Gaming and be done with the controversy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
To me the Witcher can never go the full mile because regardless of all choices you're still playing a pre-made white-hair elf-faggot.

I could never play past the first town in the original. Even when I tried the x-tra faggot edition, it was just too fucking boring. You had to run back and forth like a fucking sonic the hedgehog to complete the most simple of tasks.

"BRING ME A SHRUBBERY!"
"Okay where do I get one?"
"ON THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE OF THE MAP AND ALSO YOU CAN ONLY OBTAIN ONE DURING NIGHT SO FIRST RUN TO THE CAMPFIRE 6 MILES FROM HERE TO REST. ALSO THERE WILL BE A SHITLOAD OF GHOST DOGS, JUST SO YOU KNOW, AND THEY'RE ALL THE SAME AND YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING FROM KILLING THEM SO JUST YOU TRY AND RUN AWAY AND THEN WE CAN ALL LAUGH AS THEY LATER CATCH UP TO YOU AND FUCK YOU IN THE ASS!"
"Okay updated my journal."

Quests didn't feel rewarding either. No, not even with the sex cards.

Also it's a fucking action game anyway. They just added a few classic RPG elements that's all. The boring ones. And made them feel like chores.

So no I can't really say I'm looking forward to this and I'm disappointed that the codex goes jerking off to every cinematic trailer released.

Monocause

Arcane
Finally something that'll glue me to the keyboard. What are we expecting in 2010, btw? Alpha Protocol, TW2, FO3:NV, is there something else coming up?

EDIT: Fixed the embarrassing typo.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Monocause said:
Alpha Protocal, TW2, FO3:NV, is there something else coming up?
Yes hopefully a fucking meteor to finish us off.

Aditya

Educated
So more QTE combat, horrible writing, dialogue and VO, forgettable characters, broken quest design, tooooooooo long loading times, fake C&C and more sex cards are in order?! Great!

The only decent thing about Twitcher was lore (lifted from books) and somewhat pleasant art direction. One can only hope CDP Red doesn’t falter even on this in TW2…

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
pipka said:
Rape of Sapkowski's books continues.

This. It's disgusting how they messed up the story just so the player could "omg, play as GERALT HIMSELF wow". :decline:

Lesifoere

Liturgist
hoochimama said:
They certainly made his face more consumer-friendly, but those pretty looking graphics must require a monster rig, especially if you take into account TW1's performance vs graphical quality.

TW's performance after patch was pretty good, actually, and anyway it was crippled by Bioware's shit engine. Considering how much they were able to do with Aurora, it's probably safe to bet that their own engine should be pretty good.

And, anyway, this thing's most likely going to be multi-platform and will have to be able to run on a Crapbox360, so doubt it'll need a monster rig.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, it's quite disgusting how Sapkowski himself greenlighted that and helped write the script. Oh, wait.

Monocause

Arcane
Hamster said:
pipka said:
Rape of Sapkowski's books continues.

This. It's disgusting how they messed up he story just so the player could "omg, play as GERALT HIMSELF wow". :decline:

Oh, bother. If they got you to play someone else than Geralt, the rape would be much more painful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom