Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Dragon Age: Awakening Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

IncGamers put up an <a href="http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/259/dragon-age-origins--awakening-interview">interview</a> with DA online producer Fernando Melo.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;"><b>The mainstream appeal of the game surprised me. As you said, I thought the time for hardcore RPGs being big, mass-market things was over. Were you surprised by the response that Dragon Age had as well?</b>
<br>
<br>
Yeah, I think we've been really pleasantly surprised, obviously. We always believed in the game - it's a game that we've been working on for many years. It started shortly after we completed Neverwinter Nights; it's been many years in the making. I think we always believed in the game, we always wanted to make this kind of game, but having that kind of validation where it's not just the PC press or gaming press in particular, but mainstream press...! We hear about Dragon Age now in TV, news, newspapers, and other media where I never would have expected to see Dragon Age, typically. It's absolutely amazing, and for the team, it's such a huge boon for them. We're really, really pleasantly surprised. I couldn't honestly tell you that we were expecting that for sure - definitely not. We always strive to hit a certain quality with our games, and in particular with this one, we didn't really pull any punches in terms of the storytelling or who the audience was for it, but what was really surprising is, as you said, hitting the more mainstream audience. We start to see people that are blogging on business sites and they mention Dragon Age, and relationships, and all these other things that I keep seeing cropping up, and it's crazy! It's fantastic.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
The time for hardcore RPGs was over, but then BioWare came along and saved the genre.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97231-dragon-age-origins-awakening-interview.html">GB</A>

Cenobyte

Prophet
Yeah, but the games still suck... Awakening even more than DAO original.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bullshit? How is Awakening any worse than DAO? It's the fuckin' same game FFS.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I thought the time for hardcore RPGs being big, mass-market things was over.
Sadly, so does everybody else, including Bioware. That's why they made DA:O:TA instead of a big hardcore RPG. :smug:

Come on boys, don't make it so easy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dragon Age: Awakenings... the new SOZZY!!!

r00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom