Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: Awakening released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

The Awakening expansion to Dragon Age has been released eventually.
<br>
Read the <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97202-dragon-age-origins-awakening-released.html">press release</a> over at Gamebanshee.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97202-dragon-age-origins-awakening-released.html">GB</A>

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clockwork Knight said:
I bet it was a real bargain :smug:
Not physically removing from an inventory is always a bargain.

Jaedar said:
Not worth the effort to "buy"
Let's just hope it was at least worth the effort to download...

Merlutz

Novice
I don't appreciate you supporting software piracy on these forums, Sceptic. Aside from tainting the prestigious RPGCodex magazine by mentioning it, it is an immoral practice and I will have none of it. I'm sure everybody else feels the same.

Anyway yeah I just got it too
It was a real steal :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Piracy? who's talking about piracy? We're all staunchly anti-piracy over here. Or are you one of those old geezers who haven't heard of the digitial distribution age? I got DAO from an entirely legitimate source of download. True story.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So...

Not one member on the Codex commented on it yet.

To shitty to be worth a comment but not shitty enough to be worth a comment?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
FFS give us some time. We only got it today. Codexers aren't like typical game journalists who write "reviews" after 20 minutes of playing. We write ours either before even starting the game or after having played it entirely. No middle ground.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sceptic said:
FFS give us some time. We only got it today. Codexers aren't like typical game journalists who write "reviews" after 20 minutes of playing. We write ours either before even starting the game or after having played it entirely. No middle ground.

I expect codexers to be able to form a valid and informed opinion at least a month before the game is released.

That's why the Codex oldschool crowd is a shining example for game journalists everywhere. They hate journalists that form opinions of games after twenty minutes, yet have no trouble forming their own a month early :smug:

Vibalist

Arcane
Grunker said:
Sceptic said:

I expect codexers to be able to form a valid and informed opinion at least a month before the game is released.

That's why the Codex oldschool crowd is a shining example for game journalists everywhere. They hate journalists that form opinions of games after twenty minutes, yet have no trouble forming their own a month early :smug:

That smilie is overused.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Vibalist said:
Grunker said:
Sceptic said:

That smilie is overused.

I'm a newfag, so I've had a limited amount of time to appreciate its awesomeness.

Also, your mom is overused. c wut I did thar?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Nonsense. Overused would only apply if the smilie wasn't so awesome.

And as an oldschool codexer newfag I resent being compared to gaming journalists. Just because two or three people here think everything is shit doesn't mean it's a common oldschooler thought *

Of course analyzing the hype and forming expectations is another thing entirely (and I wouldn't be living up to my chosen handle if I swallowed entire feature lists without second thought)

* come to think of it can they even be considered oldschoolers if they didn't even know the old games existed until they joined the dex?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I bought this game via uTorrent.

I'm not playing it yet though. If you start a new character will it autolevel to expansion level? Or how does all that stuff work.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Zed said:
I bought this game via uTorrent.

I'm not playing it yet though. If you start a new character will it autolevel to expansion level? Or how does all that stuff work.

Autolevels to 18 with new unique gear. No idea if companion choices/quest choices carry over as the game crashed after 5 minutes.

Played through the original campaign twice and never had a single crash.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Remember when we were happy about new patches for a game, instead of fearing they would break something?"

When was this? No such time existed.

racofer

Thread Incliner
This is totally unacceptable, Bioware!

AndhairaX said:
This is a disgrace. What was Bioware thinking? Hello? Was this expansion and patch developed by Obsidian all of sudden?

What Bioware seems not to be aware of, is that people like me will now face two problems:

1) I will have to wait for who knows how long for a patch to fix the game;
2) Because I've not purchased the game, I will also have to wait for the cracked .exe to be released before I can finally play the fixed content;

What nonsense is this Bioware? Are you not aware that some people have to wait for two fixes instead of one because you screwed up? I'm sure I'm not alone on this one, because a lot of people acquired the free version of this game, and you simply ignore all this user base in favor of people willing to buy your stuff. We're also your supporters, in case you haven't realized this yet.

So next time, Bioware, think about us too. We deserve better than this and you know it.

:x

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hey, what the fuck is wrong with Bioware??!?

2quuafp.jpg

AndhairaX said:
2) Because I've not purchased the game, I will also have to wait for the cracked .exe to be released before I can finally play the fixed content;

WTF?!

AndhairaX said:

WTF?!
It's a troll, most likely from RPG Codex.
:smug:
Huh? Does this make sense to anyone else? Problem one is shared by all users every time there's a reported bug in a product, (and is one of the reasons for threads like this.) But I don't see how one justifies whining to Bioware to fix "problem" two, which is essentially that those who steal their product suffer more *because* they stole it, and so need even more consideration?!?

Biowhore Dominatrixator said:
Words fail me.

I second that. WTF? That post made no sence at all.

Mission Status: Success!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Why is Andhaira going on about needing a fixed exe? It's been out since the weekend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom