Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chefentwickler Boyarsky on Bloodlines character system

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target=_blank>RPG vault</a> has asked Troika's Leonard Boyarski to <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/510/510375p1.html" target=_blank>clarify a thing or two</a> for those that don't know the storytelling system used in the pen and paper roleplaying game and how it would translate into Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Here's a snippet:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
Likewise, the Abilities are available to all clans, and are grouped into Skills, Knowledges, and Talents. Skills are things like Firearms and Melee, Knowledges are things like Investigation and Occult, and Talents are things like Brawl and Intimidation. As mentioned before, in character creation, each clan is given a different amount of points to spend in each Attribute and Ability category, so this may affect the path a player's character is built upon, but all Attributes and Abilities are available to all clans throughout the game. The only things specific to each clan are their Disciplines. The Disciplines are each clan's vampiric powers - some clans share a Discipline, but each has its own distinct set of three - no two clans have the same three Disciplines.
<br>
</blockquote>¨
<br>
<br>
Wouldn't it be kind of hard not to call this game an rpg considering the amount of skills that will actually be in the game? If I can use both <b>Intimidation</b>, <b>Occult</b> and <b>Hacking</b>, I'm game!
<br>
<br>
Someone should ask Leon for a complete list of skills b t w...
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Whipporowill

Erudite
Considering there's like 60 skills or something in the pnp game (don't have a character sheet handy) and that 1/3 are knowledges... I wonder how many are being implemented, and usefully balanced.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Well the bit about Al doing the music is news to me - what a pisser. I don't understand why they'd bother spending money on that useless, talentless cocksucker.

Ortchel

Liturgist
Ha. Thats awesome.

I love Ministry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom