Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Chefentwickler Boyarsky on Bloodlines at PC Games Online

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

German <a href="http://www.pcgames.de" target=_blank>PC Games Online</a> has posted a rather <a href="http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=302721"target=_blank>brief preview</a> with some inserts from Troika's Leonard Boyarsky. Nothing new is really revealed, but I couldn't help finding this quote rather enjoyable:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Obwohl Bloodlines auf den ersten Blick wie ein Ego-Shooter erscheint, steckt unter der glänzenden Oberfläche ein waschechtes Rollenspiel. "Wir versuchen, so nah am Origi-nal zu bleiben wie möglich", sagt Chefentwickler Leonard Boyarsky im PC-Games-Interview. "Beispielsweise übernehmen wir das Charakterblatt der Vorlage mit allen Werten und Statistiken."</blockquote>
<br>
Leonard Boyarsky, the "Chefentwickler"? Them germans certainly know how to make a job description sound...eh, <i>interesting</i>, don't they? And oh yeah, if you're wondering what's being said here. It's basically that while at first glance VTM: Bloodlines might seem to be a first-person shooter there's a real rpg below the gleaming hood of the... eh... car, and that Troika will be trying to stay as close to the actual pnp rules as possible. Make sure to check out the screenshots, of which the last two hasn't been spotted by me before. Make sure to click "Bild in Originalgröße" for fullscreen!
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Anonymous

I dont think they are doing strict 'get-everything-in' adherence like ToEE, more like.. 'applied get-what-you-can-while-keeping-to-atleast-to-the-core aherenece' or something. I've already read about some stuff being removed/changed and whatnot (like mistform).

Calis

Pensionado
If Troika's gonna stick to the actual mechanics of the p&p V:tM game, then I'm gonna skip this one. The Storyteller mechanics are horrible if you actually adhere to them. The dice rolling system makes no statistical sense whatsoever

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Seems like they're hyping it exactly the same way as TOEE. Tsk, tsk.

Voss

Erudite
Wait, though... in previous blurbs they mentioned they aren't sticking strictly to the PnP rules... some things weren't working out for them and they definitely were changing the costs for using disciplines.

So whats going on? This wouldn't be a mistranslation, would it?

Whipporowill

Erudite
In the preview they're just saying they'll "keep as close as possible", keep in mind it's a miniscule one-side preview that might be inspired by others of the same length. We have no reason to believe they have changed back to the actual costs of the discipline...

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yup, WoD mechanics is pure shit. Fighting was always ridiculous with all those dice that didn't make any sense (unlike Shadowrun). So my group always rolled only 1-2 dice and left everything else to the Storyteller...

Anonymous

I wonder how fighting will be in Bloodlines, since it's all FPS-y. I'm guessing something like System Shock.

plin

Liturgist
Heh, and to the guy I always read here wanting to kill hobos, I dunno if you've seen the screen, but there is a nice screen of 3 or 4 hobos standing over a trash-can fire.
I don't remember where it was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on gamespot or ign.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, geez, I know hobos are going to be in Bloodlines--failure to include the homeless at all is just shameful. What I want is full and extensive support for Transient Murder Enthusiasts. I demand the ability to sow a cloak of patches from the clothes of the dead hobos. Also, drinking too much hobo blood should make the player enter a 'crazy hobo rage' mode where he begins stumbling through city streets screaming obscenities and rambling conspiracy plots while exposing himself to passerbys and demanding spare change and free drinks.

If Bloodlines fails to include this, it'll just suck.

Jan

Novice
Titles in Germany

Hi guys!

I´m from Germany and I love my title: Creative Director. :wink:
I think english titles are much cooler than German ones. However, just in case you don´t know (and would like to know): "Geschäftsführer" means boss and "Chefentwickler" means something like 'chief of development'.

Jan

Novice
Re

Damn, you got me! Well, I didn´t said this in my postion as Creative Director... I was Art Director back then... :wink:

Well, my men call me "Herr Oberstleutnant" :cool:

Jan

Novice
Re

I know it doesn´t really matter, but as this word is so popular outside of Germany (it hasn't been used here for... well... 60 years? :roll: )
It´s spelled: "Jawohl" :wink:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Really? Well, that's a shame, it was a really cool word, loved and recognized by people everywhere, becoming one of the trademarks of Germany like great beer. Don't tell me you guys stopped drinking beer too. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom