Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Avernum 6 is Here

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Avernum 6; Spiderweb Software

The PC version of <b><a href="http://www.avernum.com/avernum6/index.html" target="blank">Avernum 6</a></b> is ready for your demoing and/or purchasing pleasure.
<br>
<blockquote>Avernum 6 is now available for both Windows and Macintosh! And rest of description is same! At last, the epic Avernum saga comes to an end. The subterranean world of Avernum is being ravaged by famine and barbarian invaders. Explore the enormous underworld, full of dungeons, powerful artifacts, and cunning foes. Go forth and determine the final destiny of your people! Come get the huge, free demo. </blockquote>

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
The focus on UI and overall polish really shows so far. Looks, sounds and runs much better than the previous versions did. Yeah, portraits are still abysmal though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
phanboy_iv said:
Yeah, portraits are still abysmal though.
Yeah looks like they're drawn by a 15-year-old retard from Deviant art.

Game looks great thought, except for that.

Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 6.
I might actually try this!

Elzair

Cipher
Meh, it's been available for a few months now. Go back to sucking Bill Gates' cock, you dirty whores!

Elzair

Cipher
Did he finally add some animated movement like Geneforge had?

Otherwise, I will just go back to Ultima.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
No animations but the game is actually quite pretty. The portraits are funny, even if bit cartoony - or something I'd expect from DnD 1st edition rule book art. Still, my cookie cutter team of soldier, rogue, priest and sorcerer is ready to kick some ASS! Mainly rats and kobolds, so far...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can equip weapons... *there*? :oops:

beztytuuul.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TheCowburner said:
Konjad said:
I can equip weapons... *there*? :oops:

beztytuuul.jpg

Yep. I just checked the manual, you can equip strap-ons. But they give you -2 agility.

But do they give bonus to damage?

BTW. U CAN'T AVOID COMBAT IN AVERNUM (not even with rats :( )

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Does it have romances, casual sex or rape?
I really hate the tease-games that have tons of oversexed characters but not actual sex.
What's the point of it? To suggest players to go out and get laid instead of playing these creepy computer games or what?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Problem my problem, but still no walking animations and this kills the game for me, makes it feel so stiff.

6 games and still no walking animations? He has already done it in Geneforge so it cant be that much of a leap.

Luzur

Good Sir
phanboy_iv said:
Yeah, portraits are still abysmal though.
Yeah looks like they're drawn by a 15-year-old retard from Deviant art.
[/quote]

i keep telling you, you can change those to whatever you want by changing their gif pics.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, but is there a good collection available?
Because I sure don't want to go through the interwebs looking for pictures that would fit the game...

Lurkar

Scholar
Oh, I dunno.

Those are the same portraits/avatars that've been in place since Avernum 1.

They've got a place in my heart :oops:

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Avernum One had better portraits / paperdolls which were downgraded in order to fit in the furry races.

Remember this guy?
2pzea6f.jpg

The portrait thing may sound trivial, but it's really irritating, especially since furry races are *much* stronger than humans for nearly every build.

I literally have to design my party around the few portraits which I can tolerate: Only one cat and one lizard party member are allowed, because each race only has one decent portrait, which appears to have been drawn by a different artist from the rest.

And by decent I mean: bad but not 8th grade bad.

spacemoose

Erudite
let me guess you start in a fort, there's a goblin lair nearby that you've got to clear out, and a local authority figure is looking for someone to solve an affliction that's been afflicting the countryside

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom