Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News More IPLY death throes

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay

Per <A href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6229">this thread</a> on <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a>, it seems <A href="Http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> has not only failed to pay it's employees and it's rent for it's building, but they also haven't been paying their part for their employees' health benefits:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Interplay haven't been paying the health insurance payments for the last few months, it seems IPLY recently revealed this to their employees and several just left the meeting. They also told the employees that they really didn't have to come in this week, since there's a good chance they won't be paid.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Wow, that's pretty damned low right there. Not paying the employees is one thing, but the health insurance bit is dirt lame.
<br>
<br>
Also, per our forums in the <A href="http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3126&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100">IPLY Dead Pool thread</a>, <b>Eragon</b> said:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>There's supposed to be a big meeting at Interplay on Friday (4/23). The employees are going to find out if they are getting their backpay or not.
<br>
<br>
Stories going through the grapevine said that Herve tried to sell Interplay to Vivendi this week and got laughed out of the building for the price that he was asking.
<br>
<br>
I expect Interplay to close its doors tomorrow (4/23) at least for development, and file for bankruptcy soon after.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
You're a bad, bad man <b>Herve</b>.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</A>

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Hell, I didn't even know "throes" was a word. But then again, I think discussing my lack of proper English in the title of the news is much, much more important than the body of the news where IPLY kind of screwed people out of their health coverage for the last few months without telling the employees. After all, it's not like any of the employees got ill during that period, or had children, or anything like that during that time frame. Please, carry on.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
NMA Update:

From Luke Haase: The company has given the option to employees — since they have missed payroll — to come to work or stay home.

Conversations with Interplay’s distributors are ongoing; also, a point of clarification: Interplay is not “owed” money from these distributors. Any potential cash from these parties would be part of negotiated payments for product sales advances or some other transaction.

Lastly, it is true that Mr. Caen purchased some 9 million shares. No, he would not be able to take any action like the one you mention without approval of the Board of Directors. And, of course, public announcements will be made as soon as there is resolution to these issues.

Edit: Someone posted Luke's email: lhaase at intelligenceagency.com, so if you feel like asking a few questions...

suibhne

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Per <A href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6229">this thread</a> on <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a>, it seems <A href="Http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> has not only failed to pay it's employees and it's rent for it's building, but they also haven't been paying their part for their employees' health benefits:

Never mind the "throes" issue - you've hit the jackpot on a grammatical pet peeve of mine...

It's = It is.
Its = possessive.

Thanks for playing. :)

DIPthong

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
Hell, I didn't even know "throes" was a word. But then again, I think discussing my lack of proper English in the title of the news is much, much more important than the body of the news where IPLY kind of screwed people out of their health coverage for the last few months without telling the employees. After all, it's not like any of the employees got ill during that period, or had children, or anything like that during that time frame. Please, carry on.

Well Saint, how can we take you seriously as a journalist, and your supposed "news stories" as well, if we can't trust you to write in proper English. :lol:

Besides, we all know Interplay is a mother-killing, baby-eating company anyway, so why is this surprising? :P

suibhne

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Probably because I'm a hobbyist. I don't get paid.

You know, I usually hate people who point out grammatical mistakes in threads, but now I seem to have a conflict of interest.

taks

Liturgist
context means plenty in grammar you know. :)

we've had so many discussions on iply's fate, btw st. p, that one more "nail" in the coffin hardly raises an eyebrow anymore.

taks

taks

Liturgist
EEVIAC said:
Throws could be a reference to a die roll save against death. So, not entirely grammatically incorrect.

i forgot to mention, btw, that only a true rpg/crpg geek would even think that way... of course, only such geeks would care that interplay is folding in the first place so we're all a bit guilty, eh? :)

taks

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Death had been throwing IPLY a little bit. Now it throws it more, and the title of the thread is just saying it in a bit more archaic way, as in "More snow the winter brings". :)
So maybe it'll wait and throw it hard enough for me to win the betting poll.

Sammael

Liturgist
English grammar is incredibly easy to learn (compared to most other languages). If only spelling were the same...

atoga

Novice
^_____^ ^_________^ ^__^ ^_________^ ^_____^ ^____
Sammael said:
English grammar is incredibly easy to learn (compared to most other languages).
Is that sarcasm? Comparatively, any other European language (save the dead stuff) is a piece of cake because the grammatical rules are always consistent, and foreign languages are certainly not my forte. Rules in English, on the other hand, are contradictory; there are way too many exceptions to every rule.

Sauron is right, you people are being big fat doody heads.

PS. Rex, you're such a cutie pie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom