Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News DA: Awakening Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Awake!
<br>
Shake dreams from your hair. My pretty child, my sweet one.
<br>
And behold <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVA-4GgfxMM">this video</a> introducing two new characters for the first expansion to the best RPG since Arcanum.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14372">RPGWatch</A>

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I guess Anders works for Americans, but for Scandinavian people it's like calling a character Tim. Too familiar for a high fantasy name.

cleese8.jpg

Jora

Arcane
Yeah, or naming a female character Anna Berg or something similar. :P

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Clockwork Knight said:
Anders has the same voice as Allistair, and they used Morrigan's hairstyle for Velanna.

Fuck! A conspiracy!

I have a small amount of admiration towards Bioware for making a true expansion instead of dividing it into 10 parts and selling each for $10 a piece.

Hopefully they realize that a hundred filler fights is not fun and tune the amount of combat down a bit.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Clockwork Knight said:
Anders has the same voice as Allistair, and they used Morrigan's hairstyle for Velanna.

First thing I thought when I heard "Anders" voice: "Wow, Allistair sure has gotten a lot bitchy-er since I kicked him out of the party".

I actually thought Anders was a perfect example of the kid Allistair and Morrigan would have had together. It's pretty much dead on.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS YOU FAGS WILL PROBABLY SAY IT IS GOOD FOR WHAT IT IS BUT SO IS GETTING ASSFUCKED I GUES

Junior Boy

Educated
On a serious note, and this isn't meant to be cruel, but does David Gaider have a girlfriend? I honestly think he's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Rhalle

Magister
I don't know about a gay Gaider (lonely Gaider is probably more accurate), but I have little doubt that the ME2 team has more Y-chromosomes represented on their writing staff.

DA has and has had too many too-clever-by-half chicks with writing degrees working on it.

Proto-nerds are no more; so I suppose the best we can hope for is dudes who play games writing games (which is how ME2 strikes me), since that is infinitely better than schoolmarm grammarian and feminist who thinks she's clever writing games.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I was starting to wonder if they'll ever bring Edwin to DA. Seems I can rest assured now.

Azarkon

Arcane
DA advertisements were shit, too, so I'm still holding out hope. Don't get me wrong, though, after playing ME 2 it's obvious that DA is the underdog here in terms of writing and characterization.

random_encounter

Educated
Azarkon said:
DA advertisements were shit, too, so I'm still holding out hope.
Well, at least in this trailer, they opted not to bring in the trashy heavy metal riffs and actually use music drawn from the game's OST. That's one step in the right direction for marketing.

Zeros

Novice
Does she really need the power girl cleavage and thigh high boots? Really?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom