Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Trailer & Release Date

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/96701-fallout-new-vegas-teaser-trailer-release-date-announced.html">Watch a trailer</a> at Gamebanshee's.
<br>
<br>
Here's an excerpt from the Press Release.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">February 4, 2010 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that Fallout®: New Vegas™, the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed Fallout franchise, will be available in Fall 2010. The game is currently in development at Obsidian Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows. The first trailer, which provides new insight into the game, is now available at fallout.bethsoft.com.</p>
<br>
<br>
Fall 2010, so hold your breath.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/96701-fallout-new-vegas-teaser-trailer-release-date-announced.html">Instant Classic Archive</A>

Felix

Arcane
awesome, the gameplay look a lot better than fallout 3

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Jim Cojones said:
entertainer said:
Fixed
But there wasn't technology for FPS games back then!

It reminds me about one thing:
Fallout was released in a golden age of FPS games.

Duke Nukem, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Outlaws, Redneck Rampage, Quake, Quake II, Hexen, Hexen II, Heretic, Power Slave, Unreal, Eradicator, Scarab, Chasm, Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, Strife, etc. were released in that time.

Derper

Prophet
The teaser looks allright, some nice music and a sign of some things to come:
- NCR will be a factor
- Possibly robots as the baddie
- Seemingly undamaged Vegas as setting
Too early to say much about it, so fingers crossed as always.

LazyD

Liturgist
Hey speaking of Fallout rape.. Why does this remind me of fallout rape?

Vibalist

Arcane
LazyD said:

Speaking of typical uninformed, dumb comment by codex moron. Why does this remind me of that?

entertainer

Arbiter
Vibalist said:
LazyD said:

Speaking of typical uninformed, dumb comment by codex moron. Why does this remind me of that?

speaking of typical butthurt fanboy opinion, why does this remind of that?

Derper

Prophet
entertainer said:
Vibalist said:
LazyD said:

speaking of unfunny retard trolling, why does this remind me of that?

entertainer

Arbiter
Derper said:
entertainer said:
Vibalist said:
LazyD said:

Derper

Prophet
entertainer said:
Derper said:
entertainer said:
Vibalist said:
LazyD said:

So just using what Vibalist said? Sad day for trolls. And that worm from Dune 2 was cooler. Sad day for trolls indeed.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Derper said:
- NCR will be a factor

Well if it takes place at the same time as Fallout 3 then its been 200 years since the bombs dropped and the West Coast has significant outposts of civilization and government once again. It's feasible that Las Vegas has been partially rebuilt in that time.

random_encounter

Educated
Derper said:
- NCR will be a factor
I'm cautiously excited about this if only because Obsidian is involved. Seeing the NCR flag, though, was pretty awesome. I wonder what happened to Vault City...

Seeing Vegas relatively intact also reminds me of the mention in Wasteland's manual of how the city survived a nuclear war. IIRC, the "house" was betting against Soviet missiles landing (when there were Soviets)...and no one wins against the house. Would be a nice homage if they kept that angle.

Derper

Prophet
ScottishMartialArts said:
Derper said:
- NCR will be a factor

Well if it takes place at the same time as Fallout 3 then its been 200 years since the bombs dropped and the West Coast has significant outposts of civilization and government once again. It's feasible that Las Vegas has been partially rebuilt in that time.
True. If we take F2 into account, the west coast might be very much rebuilt (NCR/Vault City/New Reno). It will be interesting to see how things go in terms of shout-backs to F2 or F3, and how Ausir will react to the canon-aspects.

your trolling is even worse
I'd like some links to your posts containing valid points or even anything remotely on subject.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
random_encounter said:
Seeing Vegas relatively intact also reminds me of the mention in Wasteland's manual of how the city survived a nuclear war. IIRC, the "house" was betting against Soviet missiles landing (when there were Soviets)...and no one wins against the house. Would be a nice homage if they kept that angle.
It's also possible that Vegas wasn't really an important target itself or that once we get in to examine things more closely we'll see things aren't so cherry.

Tails

Arbiter
So where is Fallout in this trailer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom