Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay just... won't... give... up!

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren); Interplay

<a href=http://www.duckandcover.net>Duck and Cover</a> and <A href=http://www.nma-fallout.com>No Mutants Allowed</a> are reporting that our pals at <a href=http://www.interplay.com>Interplay</a> have let slip news of a handful of new games during a stockholder's meet.
<br>
<br>
Here's what IPLY stockholder <b>zorrelak69</b>, who apparently attended the stockholder's meeting, reports:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Caen mentioned a handful of projects in developed/to be developed. He mentioned <b>Fallout 3 (PC)</b>, Kingpin (PC/Xbox), Fallout: New Action RPG game- not a sequel to FOBOS (Xbox/PS2), Exhaulted (PS2/Xbox), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3, Earthworm Jim. I asked a question about Fallout 3, and Caen said it will be published by Interplay and developed by an external development studio. (I'm guessing Trokia Games/Silver Style)
<br>
<br>
Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale PC rights and D&D rights traded in for the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance trademark. [...]
<br>
<br>
400,000 units shipped of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and 300,000 units shipped of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Sales for both titles seem strong.
<br>
<br>
The company made $3.3 million for the quarter and $1.3 million for the year. The company is looking for external sources of financing to help fund development of the upcoming titles they have. Caen said he expects Fiscal Year 2004 to be profitable as well, as long as the appropriate funding is receiving. He mentioned possibly methods will be selling of IPs, and/or debt and equity.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Fallout 3 coming after all? Silver Style to develop? I have to say, that'd really, <i>really</i> piss me off if it was true. As for Troika, I hope they won't be silly enough to go back to IPLY. It'd be much like a beaten wife who refuses to press charges. "He doesn't hate me, he's just had a bad day..."
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.duckandcover.net">Duck and Cover</a>

Flink

Liturgist
Is this another one of those late april fool's jokes?
Sure sounds like the one from DAC...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Who knows. All I can say is that it's highly unlikely that we'll get a FO3 that we want, more like a bastardized version of its former self.

Psilon

Erudite
I dunno... if Troika were crazy enough to go back to Interplay, I suspect they could extort quite a bit of creative control. Especially with the Fallout action RPG to give the execs their mandatory real-time robot combat.

That said, I don't think it's Troika. They've said in the past that Interplay wouldn't give them Fallout; I doubt it's changed any. It probably isn't Obsidian, Inxile, or any of the Black Isle refugees either.

plin

Liturgist
Major_Blackhart said:
Who knows. All I can say is that it's highly unlikely that we'll get a FO3 that we want, more like a bastardized version of its former self.

I don't know if it was this forum or some other, if it was some other, than I apologize.
But it sounded like even if you did get the black isle FO3 you wouldn't have gotten the one you wanted. If I remember, thought it could be a different forum, but alot of you bashed the project after you got more and more information after it was cancelled.

Maybe obsidian can get it and MCA can write a good story for it. I just hope fuckin silver-style keep the hell away from it, no offence to them.

Eldar

Novice
I'll have to see the game in its box, take it home, install it on my system, play, and finish it before I believe Interplay might be telling the truth.

taks

Liturgist
zorrelak69 said maybe silver style, but there was another question posted that said (essentially) "would you mind working with obsidian" and the reply was "possibly". my guess is they get the FO license. at least there's a few there that worked on the previous incarnations... (inxile, too, but they're quite a bit smaller from what i gather).
taks

taks

Liturgist
btw, my suspicion is based on the obvious notion that whether you like troika, arcanum, toee, etc... interplay DOES in fact know about the recent issues AND, they also know that silver style is an unknown groping for media attention. we may not like caen, but he does want to make money. we shall see...
taks

Crappywarrior

Novice
It's really hard for me to believe this one, and I guess I'm supposed to be happy that one of my favorite series is getting its 2nd sequel... But considering Interplay's current condition I think everyone will agree that this is going to be a rushed pile of dog shit that's going to be released, at best, 6 months before it should have been. Bugs, areas cut out, inconsistent plot points, cliche characters, etc. etc. I expect all of these "features" and more in Fallout 3.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:
400,000 units shipped of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and 300,000 units shipped of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Sales for both titles seem strong.

If they were that strong, you wouldn't be seeing Fallout Enforcer 2 being revamped into another Fallout Enforcer like game.

That said, I don't think it's Troika. They've said in the past that Interplay wouldn't give them Fallout; I doubt it's changed any. It probably isn't Obsidian, Inxile, or any of the Black Isle refugees either.

I'd be amazed if it were Obsidian, considering there's typically no good blood left after a mass quitting of a company. I doubt Fargo would deal with Caen's Interplay either, since the two really don't like each other.

DemonKing

Arcane
Psilon said:

Maybe they'll give it to Reflexive? :lol:

(Ducks for cover)

My understanding is that they don't have the BG:DA licence - just sole ownership of the "Dark Alliance" part of the name, since BG is a D&D property which now belongs to Atari. Interesting that it seems Atari also got the IWD licence in the deal as well, so we may well be seeing a BG3, NW2, IWD3 and so on over the next few years.

Dhruin

Liturgist
I'm not clear on the "BG" part of "BG:DA". He clearly only said "Dark Alliance" every time but the caller kept saying "Baldur's Gate" or "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance" and wasn't corrected. Guess it doesn't really matter.

On FO3, he certainly suggested that FO3 would be developed externally by agreeing with the caller's question but it wasn't explicit and there was certainly no mention of possible developers so SSE, Troika, Bio Obsidian or anyone else is just pure speculation.

Spazmo

Erudite
plin said:
Maybe obsidian can get it and MCA can write a good story for it. I just hope fuckin silver-style keep the hell away from it, no offence to them.

MCA already did write a sotry for FO3. It's not altogether good.

XJEDX said:
If FO3 happens, my bet is Interplay gives it to BioWare...

Nah. IPLY managed to screw BioWare, too. Well, maybe BioWare screwed IPLY, but the point is that there were lawyers involved and the companies don't like each other anymore.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
I will submit my version of Fallout 3 copyright free for interplay.

Basically your hero is a girl named Mara Croft and a mutation of the FEV virus has made your boob* huge and they keep getting bigger all the time.

Your mission is to find the legendary boob* control chip before your boob* become so big that they explode.

Of course your boob* size will be shown on screen in glorius 3D real time based play so that you will know by their size how close you are to them exploding and your death.

After that you get the ability to double wield and you go out to save the world.Also your boob* will continue to become bigger but your character is safe . They will not explode !!!!

This will make for most excellent Fallout 3 story and leet roleplaying dudes !!!!!

The following is submited copyright free for Iplay to use as a fan made fO 3 main story !!!!!

Also the logo of the Brotherhood of steel will change again !!!!

It will now feature you guessed it !!!! Twin boo** !!!!

The brotherhood mission is now to repopulate the wilderness by making more babies !!!

All copyrights are respected ©

Voss

Erudite
Speculation is all well and good (though personally I'm holding my cards), but can someone tell me why 90% of the time its mentioned, people misspell Exalted (assuming this is the White Wolf license)?

At this point I'm not entirely sure its sheer stupidity... but if its supposed to be a taunt or teh funnie, I'm missing the joke.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
LOL.

<sarcasm>Maybe they can give the Fallout license to Bungie so they can make a shooter out of it.</sarcasm>

DISCLAIMER: Not that Bungie is a bad company at all.

Ausir

Arcane
If it's Obsidian, it will obviously mean that they'll finish Van Buren. If not, then it will be made from scratch.

Seven

Erudite
chrisbeddoes said:
Ausir said:
If it's Obsidian, it will obviously mean that they'll finish Van Buren. If not, then it will be made from scratch.

Anybody knows where Chuck has gone ?

I think he went back to picking fruit; it pays better than working for Iply.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Raymondo2000 said:
Give it to Rockstar North.

Fallout: Wasteland City!

Fallout 3: Sex and the Vault City

Mature rating in US

Teen rating in Europe.

* You cannot kill children in the Europe version.

* You cannot kill cows in the Indian version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom