Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mark Morgan making music for Fallout: New Vegas?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas

<a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Rumor:_Mark_Morgan_back_for_Fallout:_New_Vegas">According to Ausir's secret sources</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>According to an anonymous, but fairly reliable source of mine, developers at Obsidian like Chris Avellone are not the only people who worked on the original Fallout games and are coming back for Fallout: New Vegas. Mark Morgan, who composed the Fallout soundtrack and Fallout 2 soundtrack (as well as the music for Planescape: Torment) is reportedly working on a project for Obsidian - and I highly doubt it's Alpha Protocol.
<br>
<br>
I, for one, hope that the rumor is true. And it's pretty plausible - after all, in this interview from a couple years back he said he was hoping for a job on Fallout 3. Stay tuned for first official New Vegas information in 3 weeks from now.</blockquote>

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Unkillable Cat said:
Interesting. I wonder whose music he's gonna rip off/steal this time round.
Movie and game musics are all a rip off of a rip off of a rip off.

Texas Red

Whiner
Unkillable Cat said:

The very first response to what would appear positive news is whining. This is the Codex alright.

Dionysus

Scholar
Unkillable Cat said:
He's still going to rip off James, but this time he'll steal the more recent stuff. Come to Daddy!

crakkie

Arcane
Infringement you can't oscillate a wind sample if you're not Aphex Twin.

Awesome news about Morgan being back. And Fallout Soundtrack > SAWII.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Mark Morgan is the fucking commander. Much better than that hack Inon Zur or whoever did Fallout 3's soundtrack.

1/10, try harder.

crakkie said:
Infringement you can't oscillate a wind sample if you're not Aphex Twin.

Awesome news about Morgan being back. And Fallout Soundtrack > SAWII.
You are aware that most of Fallout's music was sparse effects every minute or so, it wasn't music per se just atmosphere for a game. SAW2 is actually 'sit down, listen and enjoy' outside of when you're actually gaming whereas the Fallout soundtrack is not.

Great fucking news though, his music was perfect for Fallout.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fat Dragon said:
Unkillable Cat said:
1/10, try harder.

It's not trolling when it's the truth.

Stuff from Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin and others can be found in Morgan's soundtracks for Fallout and PS:T, but when he took the theme from The Stand miniseries (or was it some other Stephen King work on TV? Can't recall 100%) and put it into the Fallout games unchanged, without crediting the original author, that's theft.

Nakuratz

Novice
he took the theme from The Stand miniseries (or was it some other Stephen King work on TV? Can't recall 100%) and put it into the Fallout games unchanged
Proof plz

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Nakuratz said:
he took the theme from The Stand miniseries (or was it some other Stephen King work on TV? Can't recall 100%) and put it into the Fallout games unchanged
Proof plz
Hey! you're on the rpgcodex here, not on wikipedia or some sort of furry fag nigger jew leftist forum! we don't need proof! we've got ballz!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
WOW BRO I THINK THE MUSIC I MAKE WHEN I SHIT MY PANTS IS MORE RELAVINT TO ROPG GAMING

circ

Arcane
Mark didn't rip off shit. Feargus or someone told Mark to make it sound exactly like Aphex so that's what he did. Some samples may have sneaked in but that's about it. THE STAND MY FUCKING COCK YOU WHORE!

St. Toxic

Arcane
Only slightly better. And what's all that about it being a game soundtrack, that is, that it can't be enjoyed outside of the game? I happen to listen to it quite often.

Hory

Erudite
If the game sucks we can still enjoy the soundtrack RETARDT

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
His most original work is probably with PST. Even though though I wouldn't complain if Lustmord did the soundtrack for PST. They were originally contracted to write the OST but at some point they brought Mark Morgan in. One of their tracks was actually used for anearly cinematic trailer of Torment

Most of the music they had written for the game made it into their Metavoid album:
Lustmord - The Eliminating Angel
Lustmord - Blood Deep In Dread
Lustmord - A Light That Is Darkness

Pretty good stuff if you're into dark ambient.

Micmu

Magister
Emotional Vampire said:
What the fuck why this game is close to not sucking

IT'S FALLOUT 3 RETARDTS
BUT IT WILL BE GOOD FOR WHAT IT WILL BE :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom