Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Beta Test Avernum 6

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Avernum 6; Spiderweb Software

Jeff Vogel is once again putting out the call for <a href="http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/testing/beta_test.html" target="blank">beta testers</a>, this time for the Windows release of <b><a href="http://www.avernum.com/avernum6/index.html" target="blank">Avernum 6</a></b>.
<br>
<blockquote>Right now we need Windows Testers for Avernum 6. We will prefer people withVista or Windows 7. You will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and get it back to us fairly quickly (Faxing it is a very good idea). People who don't get the NDA in promptly won't be able to test.
<br>
<br>
Important note:
<br>
We get lots of tester applications. Lots and lots of them. Sorting through the flood takes a lot of time. Due to the large number of applications we will receive, we will not respond to every application. Please do not E-mail us asking if you were accepted. We will only E-mail those who have been accepted. Many apologies, and good luck!</blockquote>
<br>
Pros of testing for Spiderweb:
<br>
-Get to see the game early
<br>
-Free game
<br>
<br>
Cons of testing for Spiderweb:
<br>
-Frequent unannounced visits from Jeff Vogel
<br>
-Small print on NDA gives Vogel right to watch you pee
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/">RPG Watch</A>

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hypothesis:

He looked at the screen shoots 6 years ago and concluded no-one would play for those resolutions/animations anymore.

Without trying one demo.

mytgroo

Scholar
It takes so much time to beta test games. Wondering whether I should apply. It is bothersome. Hope they finish the testing quick.

I insist they must have a picture of a wheel of cheese, a spotted dog, a donkey, and a samurai sword. Also there must be a giant monstrous pudding in the castle kitchen. There is my contribution as a tester.

I betatested Geneforge 5 which is a lot of fun, but it took about two and a half times as long to finish the game and required me to go over every single detail to make sure everything worked to feel that I was doing a proper job.

Gwendo

Augur
Jim Cojones said:
Good Ol' Drog said:
Why does he call himself "we"? Is he of a royal descent?
He's not the only one working on these games. Spiderweb has got three or four employees.

Let his kid grow older and it will be 4 or 5 employees.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom