Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Interplay & Project V13 Cheat Death.... for now

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Interplay; Project V13

Since Ausir is staff here at the Codex, I'm pretty sure it's not stealing if I grab something he wrote <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Interplay_wins_the_first_round_-_no_preliminary_injunction" target="blank">somewhere else</a> and post it as my own, right? Better check with Judge Chasanow.
<br>
<blockquote>While the full results of the hearing regarding Bethesda's motion for preliminary injunction against Interplay in the Bethesda v. Interplay case were sealed from all but the lawyers, we managed to acquire the following bit:
<br>

<br>
“Motion Hearing held on 12/10/2009 re [3] MOTION for Preliminary Injunction filed by Bethesda Softworks LLC - Argued - "DENIED" as stated on the record by Judge Deborah K. Chasanow. (Court Reporter - Sharon O'Neill) (td, Deputy Clerk)”
<br>

<br>
What does it mean? Preliminary injunction is "an injunction entered by a court prior to a determination of the merits of a legal case, in order to restrain a party from going forward with a course of conduct until the case has been decided". Bethesda wanted the court to order Interplay to stop its work on Project V13 and its sales of the Fallout Trilogy pack until the case is decided; however, judge Chanasow decided not to. Until the case it fully settled, Interplay is free to proceed.</blockquote>

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Beth's lawsuit is based on 13 or so claims right? Is this the preliminary denial of all of them, or just one?

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Herve is a slippery devil...

Yeah, but I really wish he'd either stop rolling 20s on saving throw vs bankruptcy or buff his commerce stat.

I hate both these bastards, like most here, but on the business end of things - all game quality aside - Bethesda isn't in the same league of dirtyness as Herve (in fact I haven't heard of anything dirty they've done business-wise - just shite games). The one good thing to come out of Bethesda's acquisition of the FO licence was making it a contract of the sale that the first cut of Herve's proceeds had to go to paying the ex-Interplay employees who were still owed paychecks. Might be part ofwhy so many other folk in the gaming industry are so hesitant to call Bethesda out on their flaws.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Interplay was raping Fallout before bethseda even thought about buying the license. Bethseda wouldn't even have access to the Fallout license if herve hadn't been a dick and canceled the real Fallout 3 in favor of a steaming pile of shit.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Yeah, but I really wish he'd either stop rolling 20s on saving throw vs bankruptcy or buff his commerce stat.

I hate both these bastards, like most here, but on the business end of things - all game quality aside - Bethesda isn't in the same league of dirtyness as Herve (in fact I haven't heard of anything dirty they've done business-wise - just shite games). The one good thing to come out of Bethesda's acquisition of the FO licence was making it a contract of the sale that the first cut of Herve's proceeds had to go to paying the ex-Interplay employees who were still owed paychecks. Might be part ofwhy so many other folk in the gaming industry are so hesitant to call Bethesda out on their flaws.
So Beth makes shit games but act fairly, oh well, this makes me proud of having bought Morrowind twice, when has come out and the GOTY edition with expansions.

Ausir

Arcane
Beth's lawsuit is based on 13 or so claims right? Is this the preliminary denial of all of them, or just one?

The judge didn't dismiss any of Bethesda's claims, just their motion to order Interplay into stopping ts work on Project V13 and its sales of the Fallout Trilogy until the case is decided.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Azrael the cat said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

I wonder if Herve pre-rolled all the lower numbers away from his saving throw dice.

Stalin

Scholar
Ausir
721.png

MUAHAHAHAHAHA poster boy for birth controll

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Emotional Vampire said:
Wait till you learn where the nick "Ausir" came from.

Curious. Where from?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom