Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines forums update

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I guess today is <a href=http://www.troikagames.com>Troika</a>'s day, three news posts in a row don't happen every day. Anyway, <a href=http://vnboards.ign.com/Bloodlines_Inn/b22439/66231915/?1>Weekly forum update #6</a> is here. <b>David Mullich</b> from <a href=http://www.activision.com>Activision</a> has decided to answer some questions including the retarded ones (questions No1 and No2)
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><i>Many recent previews commented on the considerable amount of adult language in this game. Can you tell me what was/is the mindset behind that?</i>
<br>
<br>
To immerse players into the World of Darkness, we are striving to have an aristocrat to sound like an aristocrat, a shopkeeper to sound like a shopkeeper, and a thug to sound like a thug. So, when your travels take you through the less savory neighborhoods of LA, you will meet a few lowlifes who use crude language to express themselves.</blockquote>
<br>
I agree. Sometimes I just can't immerse myself into a game untill the characters start cursing away.
<br>
<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Not being aware of the urban intricancies of America, i decided to go with a stereotype that would possibly warrant chuckles out of the whole family. Apparently, I failed my own roll vs. Social and Ethnical Awareness.

Psilon

Erudite
No, you failed your roll vs. North American Geography. Harlem is on what we Americans call the East Coast, whereas Los Angeles and its environs are on the West Coast.

It sounds like Troika's trying to avoid the "Carmen Sandiego" approach where there are a lot of real-world settings... but only three buildings and one airport per city. (Sound familiar?)

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I have no idea how anyone could mistake Harlem (which is in New York) for being on the West Coast, in California. I thought people like that only existed in real life. People who are quite sure of themselves.

Ultron

Liturgist
My biggest concern is the realism of the hobo-speak. In my journey of slaughtering hobo's, I'm hoping I'll run across proper dialect and slang. Nothing would ruin the carnage more than meeting a hobo that doesn't sound like a hobo.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I just hope I run across one that carries all his belongings in a hankerchief wrapped around a stick. I'd also like to see them all talk like they're permanently drunk.

Ultron

Liturgist
The belongings in a red sack w/ stick would be a nice touch....definately "old school"....perhaps a hobo drinking some Sterno would be added. Regardless, they have to be wobbily and so filthy that they are actually "shiny". :shock:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I like the idea of going all Ernest Borgnine on a hobo the more I think about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom