Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interplay Weekend at GOG

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Interplay

Taluntain recently informed us that his solid gold jacuzzi is in dire need of a jewel-encrusted rim and specialized jets that only spray a combination of Krug Grand Cuvée and Susanna Hoff's sweat. To that end, we're hyping the latest Good Old Games promotion, <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/promo/interplay_highlights?as=1649904300" target="blank">Interplay Highlights Weekend</a>.
<br>
<blockquote>Tastes may differ and we know about it. That's why this weekend we're offering you a grub for everyone. If you're a hardcore RPG fan, action oriented gamer or armchair general you'll fnd something especially for you in the offering. Until Monday, November 30 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, we're giving you a 30% discount on four classics from the Interplay catalogue: Stonekeep, Descent 3 + Expansion, Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Sacrifice. It's not a bundle promotion, so you'll receive the 30% discount if you buy one, two, three or all four of these titles.</blockquote>
<br>
So you're looking at $4.19 a pop or $16.76 altogether.
<br>
<br>
On a side note, they've also just added <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/gamecard/ufo_aftermath/?as=1649904300" target="blank">UFO: Aftermath</a>, but really, you're better off getting UFO: Aftershock if you're interested in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

spectre

Arcane
Realtime combat, attributes increase through use, idiotic party members. It was an underwhelming dungeon crawler at that time, its main selling points being cinematics, voice-overs and digitalized graphics (it all aged pretty bad obviosly).

Personally, didn't have much luck with it, had plenty of crashes in the sewers, but that is most likely fixed by now.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I wouldn't recommend it either. It was ok at the time, mostly because it "looked good" but real time fights are really not my thing anymore. Throwing weapons and stuff was fun though.

Tails

Arbiter
On a side note, they've also just added UFO: Aftermath, but really, you're better off getting UFO: Aftershock if you're interested in the series.
Aftermath has nice done atmosphere, Altar just fuck up totally combat part.

reaven

Educated
Tails said:
On a side note, they've also just added UFO: Aftermath, but really, you're better off getting UFO: Aftershock if you're interested in the series.
Aftermath has nice done atmosphere, Altar just fuck up totally combat part.

Yeah I didnt like the combat in UFO games... was it like real time with forced pause or something like that ?

Tails

Arbiter
reaven said:
Yeah I didnt like the combat in UFO games... was it like real time with forced pause or something like that ?
Si, realitime with not bad configurable pause. Later parts of game were truly lolzy, when you start in open wide map in a corner and the aliens shot you with their uber rockets. Fast scout can trigger rockets and avoid getting hit though.

Dionysus

Scholar
Azrael the cat said:
Wait: Interplay made Citizen kabuto? Fuck. Fuck you Herve. Fuck you games industry. Fuck you world. <emotear>
Not really. It was made by a bunch of ex-Shiny people. I think they fell off the face of the earth or something.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Week-end is already over, old chap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom