Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vault Boy auctions cease and desist; Fallout Online concepts

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

Betheda are having fun with lawyers. Not content on making lies against Interplay, they've decided to turn their attention to Brian Menze's Vault Boy art auctions. <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Brian_Menze%27s_auctions_taken_down">He informed Ausir at the Fallout Wiki</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>I apologize, but I have been informed that I do not have the right to sell the images and was asked to take the auctions down. I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.</blockquote>
<br>
In other Fallout news, Duck and Cover managed to get their hands on some screenshots from Project V13, Interplay's Fallout Online thingo.
<br>
<br>
You can check 'em <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23430">at Duck and Cover</a> or see <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Another_batch_of_V13_concept_art">those</a> and <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/First_Project_V13_screenshots">another batch</a> at the Fallout Wiki.
<br>
<blockquote>These screenshots were actually submitted by Interplay as court evidence to show that the game is in full production already.</blockquote>
<br>
Except concept art is not full production...
<br>
<br>
UPDATE: Okay, apparently that last batch are actually screenshots. :Borderlands:
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>King of Creation</b> and <b>Ausir</b>!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The very last you linked are screenshots, not concept art, right? I'm slightly confused.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, they are obviously screenshots of a version that doesn't even seem to be in alpha. So no too harsh critics based on that, please.

All in all, I think they look too comic-y, but still more fitting for a Fallout game than any of the Bethesda stuff.

Ausir

Arcane
Yeah, looks like they're cell shaded, but they're actually early screenshots.

Gerrard

Arcane
Re: Vault Boy auctions cease and desist; Fallout Online scre

Yeah, some of the textures on the screenshots definitely look hand-drawn.
Not content on making lies against Interplay, they've decided to turn their attention to Brian Menze's Vault Boy art auctions.
Hahaha, fucking knew it would happen.

I like the spess mahrine power armor though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Fuck man. Bethesda is confirming every single prejudice that europeans have about americans.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Those screenshots makes it look like a fucking kid's game.

I'm tired of stylized shit. Make normal aryan fucking graphics.

Gerrard

Arcane
Zed said:
Those screenshots makes it look like a fucking kid's game.

I'm tired of stylized shit. Make normal aryan fucking graphics.
Stylized shit is the new shit.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Very intriguing, and as others have said, the super mutant looks very much like a F1 or 2 super mutant. I think the stylized graphics are actually pretty spot on, as I have always considered the older Fallouts to have very stylized graphics.

YourDaddy

Educated
Wasn't I naive, expecting Bethesda to sue him right away? Boring world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom