Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wanted: Whomever owns the rights to Planescape: Torment

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Planescape: Torment

<a href="http://twitter.com/Direct2Drive/statuses/4433297802">So tweeteth Direct2Drive</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>@Direct2Drive Or someone *cough*D2D*cough* could figure out a way to sell Planescape Torment.
<br>
<br>
@Daggity hah, would love to re-release Plancescape...if we could find someone who actually owns the rights! Sad.
<br>
<br>
@Direct2Drive Good luck! I'd love to have a legal copy of Planescape Torment, that didn't cost 50 dollars on Amazon. :/</blockquote>
<br>
... and the obvious answer of Interplay <a href="http://www.interplay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=734">is wrong</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Unfortunately, we don't have the rights to publish AD&D titles anymore. Sadness.</blockquote>
<br>
Lots of sadness.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Deleted member 7219

Hasbro/WotC own the damn rights. They own all of D&D, just because they chose to retire the Planescape setting doesn't mean a damn thing.

Gerrard

Arcane
@Direct2Drive Good luck! I'd love to have a legal copy of Planescape Torment, that didn't cost 50 dollars on Amazon.
Is it that hard to find it in some budget release?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
CDP had no problems buying the rights recently to re-relase Planescape in a budget series (in Polish). These guys are just lazy.

DraQ

Arcane
:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Planescape-Torment-Extra-Klasyka-Gold_Interplay,images_big,23,5907610718507.jpg

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Gerrard

Arcane
Then again, if CDP could sell Torment on GoG they probably would already. I think they are limited to either box version or Polish version only.

DraQ said:

So what are you smug about?

That you spent money on a re-edition, which is comprarable to just taking and burning it?

Or that you bought no doubt completely fucked up localized version?

Do tell!

DraQ

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
DraQ said:
Emotional Vampire said:
Or that you bought no doubt completely fucked up localized version?
Poland, not Germany here, sorry. :smug:

Oh yes I believe in polish craftsmanship :smug:
In the german translation for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the healing spell is translated with "Feuerball"
nuclear-fireball.jpg

:smug:

Mangoose said:
Is there Any way to keep the nameless one out of the Blood war? I've been trying different ways and it isn't happening. Just not happy with the ending otherwise. Thanks.
What can change the nature of a <s>man</s> moron?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mangoose said:
Is there Any way to keep the nameless one out of the Blood war? I've been trying different ways and it isn't happening. Just not happy with the ending otherwise. Thanks.

Yeah, just don't finish the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom