Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Diablo 3 still has that old Diablo feeling

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Diablo III

<a href="http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/diablo-iii/preview/diablo-iii-hands-on/a-200909249532604041/g-2008063084756359080">GamesRadar had a Diablo 3 hands on</a>. They liked it:
<br>
<blockquote>The bleed effect is just ridiculous. Awesome in its spectacle, brilliant in its execution. It works like this: Diablo III’s monk class plays as if he’s stepped out of God of War, or any other console brawler. If he chains three punches in quick succession, he can set up a finishing move. One is a flashy flurry of strikes like something from the Pokemon cartoons – zipping through the air and hitting everything in range. You could finish your flurry with one epically violent slap – knocking your target backwards with full force through the scenery.
<br>
<br>
As one demon dies, another rushes in to take his place – it’s Whack-a-Mole played with two mouse buttons and a warrior of unholy fury. Every creature gets a slap, a tickle and a stomp. Unless you want to be really, really clever, which is where the bleed effect comes in. Use this attack, and as a creature bleeds, it takes damage, its health bar ticking away to nothing. And if they die with the bleed still effective, they explode. The destruction is vicious, hilarious – a tsunami of gore. If you set two, maybe three bleeds running, you can time a chain reaction. Bubble Bobble, played with bile and bones. Diablo III is already gloriously, stupidly violent. It’s already brilliant. But it won’t be out until at least 2011.</blockquote>
<br>
That's just the opening. The rest talks about collapsing ceilings with time limits to escape, gritty darkness maturity grit which is dark and gritty, oh and Diablo's "console inspired design"...
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

Andhaira

Arcane
Why the fuck did they announce this so early if it wont be out till 2011??

1eyedking

Erudite
The bleed effect is just ridiculous. Awesome in its spectacle, brilliant in its execution. It works like this: Diablo III’s monk class plays as if he’s stepped out of God of War, or any other console brawler. If he chains three punches in quick succession, he can set up a finishing move. One is a flashy flurry of strikes like something from the Pokemon cartoons – zipping through the air and hitting everything in range. You could finish your flurry with one epically violent slap – knocking your target backwards with full force through the scenery.

As one demon dies, another rushes in to take his place – it’s Whack-a-Mole played with two mouse buttons and a warrior of unholy fury. Every creature gets a slap, a tickle and a stomp. Unless you want to be really, really clever, which is where the bleed effect comes in. Use this attack, and as a creature bleeds, it takes damage, its health bar ticking away to nothing. And if they die with the bleed still effective, they explode. The destruction is vicious, hilarious – a tsunami of gore. If you set two, maybe three bleeds running, you can time a chain reaction. Bubble Bobble, played with bile and bones. Diablo III is already gloriously, stupidly violent. It’s already brilliant. But it won’t be out until at least 2011.
Dear God, is there no end to this dumbfuckery?

spectre

Arcane
article said:
It takes just a few seconds to splatter the soil with blood and gore – nothing is left standing. We giggle. Violence this clever deserves recognition. Just imagine how good it’s going to be in a year’s time.
Booyeah.
So I heard Bethesda is recruiting again.

I like when they mention enemies which require specific tactics, but on the other hand it's probably going to be as simple as - this one is easy to melee, this one is easier when you play ranged, and for that one, you need to wait a bit before attacking. Nihil novi,
Banal
Shi...
you know the drill, still it's a fucking action game. As long as it's fun Blizzard (may) get their money from me.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Enemies that explode when they bled to death, yay! Now, where is the sex?

The whole review reads like it's written with capslock on, or like a tellsell commercial "IT"S AMAZING!!!!"

1eyedking said:
The bleed effect is just ridiculous. Awesome in its spectacle, brilliant in its execution. It works like this: Diablo III’s monk class plays as if he’s stepped out of God of War, or any other console brawler. If he chains three punches in quick succession, he can set up a finishing move. One is a flashy flurry of strikes like something from the Pokemon cartoons – zipping through the air and hitting everything in range. You could finish your flurry with one epically violent slap – knocking your target backwards with full force through the scenery.

As one demon dies, another rushes in to take his place – it’s Whack-a-Mole played with two mouse buttons and a warrior of unholy fury. Every creature gets a slap, a tickle and a stomp. Unless you want to be really, really clever, which is where the bleed effect comes in. Use this attack, and as a creature bleeds, it takes damage, its health bar ticking away to nothing. And if they die with the bleed still effective, they explode. The destruction is vicious, hilarious – a tsunami of gore. If you set two, maybe three bleeds running, you can time a chain reaction. Bubble Bobble, played with bile and bones. Diablo III is already gloriously, stupidly violent. It’s already brilliant. But it won’t be out until at least 2011.
Dear God, is there no end to this dumbfuckery?

I was going to comment on the Console Brawler and Pokemon references, but damned if you didn't totally blow my idea out of the water.

Korgan

Arbiter
Welcome to the coalition, PROD! Blizzard *will* get it right. Otherwise, we might as well start using coke. Stick with the prod. Prod with the prod.
I'll take a vial of people.

Talonfire

Scholar
There goes my interest in Diablo III. I don't mind Blizzard trying new things, but this is just plain ridiculous... most of those 'fresh' ideas are just stupid.

Krash

Arcane
Actually, it's more of a retarded preview thing

Went and watched the monk trailer(s) and they don't look half as bad as what is described here

racofer

Thread Incliner
2lm6tjo.gif

MisterStone

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
<a href="http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/diablo-iii/preview/diablo-iii-hands-on/a-200909249532604041/g-2008063084756359080">GamesRadar had a Diablo 3 hands on</a>. They liked it:
<blockquote>One is a flashy flurry of strikes like something from the Pokemon cartoons – zipping through the air and hitting everything in range. </blockquote>

bloodsport.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Kortalh

Liturgist
AndhairaX said:
If Diablo 3 isn't out til 2011, does that mean that StarCraft 2 won't be out til at least 2012?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Kortalh said:
AndhairaX said:
If Diablo 3 isn't out til 2011, does that mean that StarCraft 2 won't be out til at least 2012?

SC2 is projected to be out Spring 2010 but I don't even think they've started beta yet.

Kron

Arcane
1eyedking said:

I was about to burst in rage after reading the God of War and Pokemon stuff - IN MY DIABLO??? - but you beat me to it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll reserve my judgment for when it comes out rather than damn the game based on one retard's preview.

Lurkar

Scholar
To be fair, as others said, it's more of a retardo preview then a retardo game.

The actual monk previews look pretty awesome.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If this was any other developer, I'd be concerned. This is Blizzard and they at least know how to make enjoyable games.

I'm not even all that interested in it to be honest, but I'll probably pick it up someday.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO CANT YOU DFUCKING READ THEY WROTE ABOUT CONSOLE STUFF THIS SUCKS AND THEY MENTIONED GRITTY MATURE OH WELL I GUESS YOU MIGHT A WELL SUCK ON BLIZZARDS COCK IF YOU SWALLOW THIS LOAD YOU GUYS ARE NO BRIAN SURGEONS>>>>>!??!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom