Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BG3 rumors

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound; Interplay

According to this <a href=http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=40096>thread</a>, Interplay and Atari reached some kinda agreement involving some kinda license. Some hot heads read it as "BG3 is coming!". I remain skeptical as it's unlikely that Interplay would be able to finish Jefferson without <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3651>Jeff Husges</a>.
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>On September 19, 2003, Interplay, commenced a wrongful termination and breach of contract action (the “Action”) in New York State Supreme Court, New York County in which it named Atari Interactive and the Company as defendants, seeking, among other things, a judgment declaring that a computer game license agreement between Interplay and Atari Interactive continues to be in full force and effect.
<br>

<br>
On September 23, 2003, Interplay obtained a preliminary injunction that prevents termination of the computer game license agreement. On October 9, 2003, Atari Interactive answered the complaint, denying all claims, asserting several affirmative defenses and counterclaims for breach of contract and one counterclaim for a judgment declaring the computer game license agreement terminated. Atari Interactive’s answer also asserted that the Company was incorrectly named as the defendant in this Action. Both sides sought damages in an amount to be determined at trial.
<br>

<br>
The Company, Atari Interactive and Interplay reached an agreement with respect to the scope and terms of the computer game license agreement and accordingly, filed with the court a Stipulation of Dismissal, dated December 22, 2003. The court ordered dismissal of the matter on January 6, 2004.</blockquote>
<br>
Mystary!
<br>

<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">NMA</A>

Vault Dweller

Developer
This is what everyone's talking about now. It should be on CNN tonight

Anonymous

Things which die should stay dead.

I'd feel akward to play a game that's already run under the butcher's knife and stitched back together again.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
*turns on tv*

Seriously, it seems to be just a bunch of hogwash to me. I'll believe it when i see it. Interplay has to officially annoucned BG3 before I even worry about this.

Psilon

Erudite
Who's left to work on the inevitably-required patch? Even if they did finish the game completely, there's no one left in the cubicles.

Seven

Erudite
Psilon said:
Who's left to work on the inevitably-required patch? Even if they did finish the game completely, there's no one left in the cubicles.

Not only that, isn't Iply supposed to be console only now?

Spazmo

Erudite
DAMN YOU, MR TEATIME! Every time something stupid appears around here, I find out fucking Teatime is at the source of it. That candyass limey whiner.

Mr. Teapot

Novice
Whoa! I thought you guys were talking about me for a second there...

Uh... you aren't, are you? :shock:

<<Squeazes ass tight in preperation for inevitable RPGCodex gang rape.>> :oops:

DemonKing

Arcane
Major_Blackhart said:
HAHAHAHA. Hell, does anyone actually think they're gonna make the BG3 game? c'mon, IPLY is dead.

Not yet, since while FO:BOS was a flop (who would've guessed?) BG:DA2 is getting respectable reviews and sales.

However, whether BG3 is back on the drawing board is not clear. Just because the legal action is resolved don't mean Interplay got the licence back, for starters. Even if they have the licence, they might sell it for some fast bucks. If they do decide to publish BG3, then who is going to work on it?

Still, it keeps us busy here postulating until a more definite announcement is made, I guess.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Sammael said:
Do you think they want the truth? [Jack Nicholson impression] They can't handle the truth! [/impression] :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom