Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Carsten Strehse still speaks of Fallout 3

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren); Silver Style

Per an <A href="http://www.gamigo.de/preview_detail/pc/998/">interview in German</a>, <b> Carsten Strehse</b> of <A href="http://www.silver-style.de">Silver Style</a> is once again talking about buying up <i>Fallout 3</i>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The RPG fan may hope further. We are in discussions with Interplay and hope soon a positive press release to this topic to give change to be able. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Stay tuned next week when we'll report that <A href="http://www.scientology.org/">Scientology</a> is going to buy up the <A href="http://www.hindu.org/">Hindu religion</a>.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</A>

Greenskin13

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Stay tuned next week when we'll report that <A href="http://www.scientology.org/">Scientology</a> is going to buy up the <A href="http://www.hindu.org/">Hindu religion</a>.

I've got to give props to Scientology for making a better website than that Hindu one.

dagamer667

Liturgist
You guys just need to accept that after the BIS massacre, there is a snowball's chance in hell of FO3 being made by team of the "RPGCodex's Favorite Game Developers of All Time!"

Frankly, I don't think Strehse is kidding about getting the FO3 license. He wouldn't post about it on net forums unless there was a passing chance of that happening. There is a real possibility that SS might end up with the license. Troika is already tied up to their ears with Bloodlines. Even if they get the license, they aren't likely to really start on it until the end of this year. Besides, they are probably too short of gold to afford the license right now.

The studios formed by BIS survivors are going to be busy staying afloat. They might not be all that inclined to take on a project like FO3 with its EXTREMELY conservative fanbase and limited appeal with respect to the more casual audiences (I mean the sort of people who don't read NMA all day every day, not ones for whom FO:PoS is almost too complex). Marketing monkeys get shivers whenever they see games like FO3 that can't be marketed to a typical console player.

Anonymous

Well, I think really that most of us Codexers dont want a FO3 period.

Where is the need for it, anyways?

Fallout is fine as 1 and 2, I dont see a need for a 3 "just because", especially if it's gonna be cat turds regardless.

I dont even want Troika to get it, Troika fucking rocks when they pump out something original, Fallout itsself is an example of that. Let they do something new and blow our socks off again instead of just sequeling something thats been grounded down pretty well.

Spazmo

Erudite
What're you talking about, "Troika is already tied up to their ears with Bloodlines"? Troika has two full teams of developers and one of them just finished ToEE.

As for Strehse, I don't believe for a second that he'll get it. No way will Interplay sell it. If they do agree, I'm very interested in seeing how far Strehsen will take this charade.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Huh, Llama? Once again, Troika didn't make Fallout. A few of the Troikian helped make it. Get the facts right.

dagamer667

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Where with Silver Style get the money for it, anyway? That's the big question.
SoA was a fairly successful game, AFAIK. Most likely, they found a publisher willing to foot part of the bill.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
dagamer667 said:
SoA was a fairly successful game, AFAIK. Most likely, they found a publisher willing to foot part of the bill.

Carsten said it shipped 400,000 units world wide, but he said that at the same time as he saying Nival was going to go out of business. He'd have to get the money elsewhere.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Yes, SoA did quite well. It had average sales here in the states, but it's still quite popular in Russia and sold like hotcakes during it's initial release. Nothing stellar to compare with the likes of GTA3 or such, but it was enough to raise some eyebrows and get Silver Style's foot in the door.

EEVIAC

Erudite
It might well have sold 400 000 copies, but I'd like to know how many of those were sold at full or even half price. Here in Australia you can find SOA for $10 in most department and specialty stores.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
It sold 400,000 copies initially upon release is what I think he was saying. You can find it at most computer game stores now for $10 or less, yes. I believe it came out at $30 though.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Otaku_Hanzo said:
It sold 400,000 copies initially upon release is what I think he was saying. You can find it at most computer game stores now for $10 or less, yes. I believe it came out at $30 though.

No, that was since it's release. I know that it dropped from full price down to $20 in about a month's time here in the 'States.

Spazmo

Erudite
SoA sold pitifully. After hearing from some people at DAC that it was good, I decided to buy a copy one Sunday evening. Checking prices online, I saw it was retailing for $30. I resolved to buy it the next weekend. When I went to buy it, it had been marked down to $20. I also noted, quite to my amusement, that a good four or five different price stickers had been slapped onto the game's box as it was progressively marked down.

Oh, and the game really sucked, too.

Anonymous

It's only $5 here, and Volourn, you should know what I mean.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom