Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Obsidian Entertainment forums open

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://www.obsidianent.com>Obsidian Entertainment</a>, that kooky developer made up of bigname refugees from <a href=http://www.blackisle.com>Black Isle</a> has opened its public <a href=http://forums.obsidianent.com>forums</a>.
<br>
<br>
So go and raise a little hell, folks.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Role-Player</b> for pointing this out.

Araanor

Liturgist
It si teh fun. Let's see if it'll turn out less annoying than certain other boards.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Let's not.

I can already predict the content of every single post that will pop up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, it's tryin't to copy RPGCodex too hard. Very annoying, indeed. :D

Spazmo

Erudite
I resent the implication that they might be trying to copy us because that would mean our boards are anywhere near the sheer ugliness of the Obsidian boards. Those things are uglier than the average character in an Infinity Engine game.

See, it's funny because charisma never matters in the IE, so all the PCs have CHA scores of about 3.

So yeah.

SLAM DUNK!

Araanor

Liturgist
Greyhawk said:
It already seems like it'll be like certain other annoying places :evil:

Yeah, I'm already bored of the place. All the old mugs I don't want to see again.

DemonKing

Arcane
Araanor said:
Yeah, I'm already bored of the place. All the old mugs I don't want to see again.

Not a very nice thing to say about all the other posters here at RPG.codex! :wink:

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I should have lurked awhile before registering. Don't know why I didn't. I probably won't even post there once unless those guys pull some sort of miracle rabbit outta their asses. :?

Sammael

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
See, it's funny because charisma never matters in the IE, so all the PCs have CHA scores of about 3.
Sure, if you disregard Torment which has many, many Charisma checks in dialogues.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, I did say average. And compared to other IE releases, Torment is an aberrant value and can thus be discarded when graphing a curve with the data.

Tris McCall

Novice
Greyhawk said:
Baldur's Gate 2 actually had a charisma check in one place :twisted:

Considering you're almost guaranteed to get a magic ring that raises your charisma to 18, I can't see why they would have bothered.

Did anybody play Shadows of Amn without the Ring of Human Influence?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Tris McCall said:
Did anybody play Shadows of Amn without the Ring of Human Influence?

I just plain didn't play SoA. :P

Well, okay, that's not quite true. I played the thing until I had to rescue Imoen. It's around there I lost interest and quit. Never looked back either.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I never used the Ring of Human Influence my first time through.

DemonKing

Arcane
Spazmo said:
Well, I did say average. And compared to other IE releases, Torment is an aberrant value and can thus be discarded when graphing a curve with the data.

Well actually since IWD2 used 3rd ed rules a few people would have had high charisma scores for their bards, sorcerers, paladins and even clerics (for turning).

Also high charisma in earlier IE games kept prices in the stores down so most people probably had at least one "shopper" character in their parties (if only a paladin or bard who were forced to have high charisma by default).

Snuffles

Novice
I didn't use the ring, I have a rule in all ph4t l00t games that i'm not allowed to carry around multiple items for each inventory slot, I have to pick one and sell the rest, makes you actually think about what you put on. :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I always play that way. I never carry more than what I can possibly use.Just like I carry 3 weapons amx - a melee, a missile weapon, and one alternate weapon. That's it. I hate it when people say they have like 10 rinsg per character for eahc situation. It's like GAH!!!!

Ausir

Arcane
But we all keep countless amounts of stimpaks/healing potions for "when we really need them" never to use most of them, right?

Psilon

Erudite
Most? I went through all of SoA one time never chugging potions. I relied entirely on clerical healing and 48-hour naps.

Ausir

Arcane
That's the spirit!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom