Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Scars of War Lore Update

Tags: Iron Tower; Scars of War

Over at Iron Tower Studio Forums, Gareth, the head man behind Scars of War, has <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=961.0">a post profiling one of the nations</a> in the gameworld of the title, along with some (very nice) related concept art.<blockquote>Though it would be easy to claim that the legendary Koethan dislike of outsiders is simply a result of it's largely Venthir population, a race well known for it's sour tempers and sullen disposition, in truth the attitude of Koeth's citizenry is a direct result of it's history, a history which has oft seen it under siege from hostile forces, both within and without, all the way back to the days when they guarded their borders against the supernatural might of the Imarathi God-Sorcerers. Such a history, as well as the sheer hostility of the Koethan landscape, have shaped a people as unyielding and enduring as the mountains they inhabit.</blockquote>And if anyone would prefer their information in blog form, the information is also mirrored on <a href="http://scarsofwargame.com/DevBlog/?p=424">the Blog of War</a>, with the art interspersed between paragraphs. Nifty.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php">Iron Tower Studio Forums</A>

sheek

Arbiter
Many merchants, on travelling that harsh countryside, hemmed in by the spines of ancient mountain ranges, buffetted by chill winds that seem to find passage through even the thickest furs and granted only grudging hospitality by the dour, weathered inhabitants of the isolated towns that cling like scraggy mountain goats to the steep mountainsides, have wondered aloud as to whether the trip was worth making at all.
Sentences run on for way too long.

Stylistically not great, content is OK.

sheek

Arbiter
Koeth is a land of isolated towns [delete this: that cling like scraggy mountain goats to the steep mountainsides (mountain twice?)], hemmed in by the spines of ancient mountain ranges and buffetted by chill winds which seem to find passage through even the thickest furs. Populated by dour, weathered, inhospitable inhabitants, many merchants have wondered [delete: aloud nobody cares], whether the trip was worth making at all.
Still not great but it becomes readable.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
GOD DAMNIT MAN. WE NEED MORE ADJECTIVES.

MAN THE THESAURUS!

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
sheek said:
Many merchants, on travelling that harsh countryside, hemmed in by the spines of ancient mountain ranges, buffetted by chill winds that seem to find passage through even the thickest furs and granted only grudging hospitality by the dour, weathered inhabitants of the isolated towns that cling like scraggy mountain goats to the steep mountainsides, have wondered aloud as to whether the trip was worth making at all.
Sentences run on for way too long.
Goddamnit, that's an effect. I hate it when people criticize shit like this.

And Gareth, I know you already know this, but people may start to give a shit once you post dialogue screens. Five posts after several days is not giving a shit.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Or it means there isn't enough to bitch about. I'll post some art next time, give fuckers a bigger chance to nitpick.

The ITS forum thread has about 600 views at the moment, so I consider that somewhat better than "no-one gives a fuck", for a small lore update anyway.

Double Ogre

Scholar
itsspelling.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Futile Rhetoric did it better. FR wins points for Gryffindor!

Naked Ninja said:
The ITS forum thread has about 600 views at the moment, so I consider that somewhat better than "no-one gives a fuck", for a small lore update anyway.
Golly-boy howdy I see it's real popular here on the Codex!

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
@OgreOgre/Futile : Oops, my bad. Thanks, I'll remember next time.

Futile Rhetoric did it better. FR wins points for Gryffindor!

It's all about the Lulz points on NewCodex.

Golly-boy howdy I see it's real popular here on the Codex!

It's all about the Lulz points on NewCodex.

sheek

Arbiter
I wasn't making fun of your game, I am just telling you that the writing style is awkward.

If it's just background fluff for your fans OK, but it would be annoying to read descriptions like that in a game.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
wtfsow.jpg

The most viewed thread in the history of the Codex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom