Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Tim Cain does the small talk with RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Tim Cain; Troika Games

<A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/">RPGDot</A> has done a little personal <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=614">interview</a> with <b>Mr. Tim Cain</b> of <A href="Http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</A> about basically nothing. Here's a bit of it, though:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>RPGDot: If you'd be able to choose anyone from within the game industry to work on your dream project, who'd you put in your team?
<br>
<br>
Tim Cain:</b> I'd like to work with Wil Wright. I have played his games and seen him speak at conferences. We could design a rule set that was both simple and elegant, yet allow a rich diversity of characters and abilities from their interactions with each other and the environment.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
No, the correct answer is <i>Will Wheaton</i>.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Garrett</b>!

Ausir

Arcane
It seems to be an old interview but only now posted by RPGDot.

Anonymous

Wil Wright and Maxis were pretty cool until EA grabbed them.

Wil Wright is the guy who made SimCity and then caused all the Sim games to appear, LONG LIVE SIMANT.

Spazmo

Erudite
Aside from the five bits of content (three ToEE chats, one ToEE interview and one editorial on CRPGs) he's already done for us? Don't worry, Timmy <3 us.

Greenskin13

Erudite
I bought Music for Airports. Sometimes I don't even realize it's playing.

I'm a little dissapointed. I haven't read any interviews with Tim Cain involving his kidney stone. It's a topic I find most fascinating.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Greenskin13 said:
I'm a little dissapointed. I haven't read any interviews with Tim Cain involving his kidney stone. It's a topic I find most fascinating.

Tim leaves the kidney stones to us real fanatics. Fo sho!

Brian Eno wrote the original Windows tune, I think. I wonder if he got royalities with every boot...

EEVIAC

Erudite
Greenskin13 said:

Get "Low" by David Bowie - it has lots of Eno chicanery on it, as well as classics like "Breaking Glass" and "Be My Wife."

Psilon

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
I remember playing that game long ago and liking it alot. Didn't that come out shortly after SimEarth? Man, it's been awhile back.

Yeah, it was the third Sim game they made. Back then they had such great manuals...

Greenskin13

Erudite
I remember the SimAnt manual. Didn't it have a HUGE appendix on Ant behavior? I think I learned more about ants in that manual than from anywhere else.

Michael_Wolf

Educated
Greenskin13 said:

Kidney stones are not fascinating... they hurt a lot and you are very happy when they are out! I know what I am talking about!!!

Michael_Wolf

Educated
Hmm, I never had a knife in my back... But it was the worst pain I ever felt!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom