Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age - This is the New Transsexual Shit

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Turn down the lights, get comfortable, and whip out the lotion because the <a href="http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=27228" target="blank">ESRB</a> is about to throw some of that <b><a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/index.html" target="blank">Dragon Age</a></b> naughtytalk all over you.
<br>
<blockquote>During the course of the game, players are able to visit a brothel where a hostess asks what they are interested in. If players select "Surprise me," they can sometimes wind up face-to-face with a woman, a man, a transsexual, or an animal; sexual activity is never depicted during these brothel encounters. Players can also initiate brief cutscene sequences in which couples (male and female or same sex couples) can be depicted kissing, embracing, and caressing one another as the screen fades to black. Though the game never features <i>human</i> nudity, one female demon character is briefly depicted with bare breasts. Some profanity (e.g., "sh*t," "b*tch," and "a*s") can be heard in the dialogue.</blockquote>
<br>
And to think, some of you doubted me when I broached the subject of <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=32476" target="blank">dog-on-human rape</a> in Dragon Age. Hope you've all learned a valuable lesson.
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to Brother "Bestiality is my Speciality" None for the tip</i>

Chefe

Erudite
So the "forbidden words in fantasy" rule is being thrown out the window now? Right on. I always wished I could have yelled "Eat shit and die, motherfucker!" to Sarevok. Certainly, Dragon Age is dark, gritty, and mature.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Ass is a fairly commonly used word when trying to sound archaic, and one of the goddesses in the forgotten realms is nicknamed "The Bitch Queen". This leaves only "Shit" as an actual unusual addition.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Shoelip said:
Ass is a fairly commonly used word when trying to sound archaic.

Albeit usually referring to a donkey, not a posterior.

Shit is a pretty old word, actually, but in Old/Middle English it is written/sounds more like "scitte" or "schitte"

MetalCraze

Arcane
What is there to say - Bioware is full of sick fucks. It is almost like instead of trying to appeal to teenagers they just get out of the closet en masse.

ElectricOtter

I probably going to buy it just to see how your character reacts to the trannies :lol:

Chefe

Erudite
Shoelip said:
Ass is a fairly commonly used word when trying to sound archaic, and one of the goddesses in the forgotten realms is nicknamed "The Bitch Queen". This leaves only "Shit" as an actual unusual addition.

Like BN said, ass was for donkeys, and shit was spelled differently. Bitch is on so-so ground. Sure, it's used, but it's not used to where it draws attention to itself like in modern society. I have a feeling that we won't get a Bitch Queen, but characters yelling out "bitch!" instead at every opportunity. The Witcher (English translation, at least) was a particularly egregious example of horrible fantasy profanity.

bhlaab

Erudite
The trick to cursing in a fantasy setting is to use england-specific curses. It doesn't matter if they're modern ones or not.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
What is there to say - Bioware ...
... have been reading the Codex too much obv. They've realised a percentage of their fans are transexuals and are now simply catering to that largely untapped market. I hope I get to be a tranny myself though. You know, just to experience what it would be like. It could be a quest path.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
bhlaab said:
The trick to cursing in a fantasy setting is to use england-specific curses. It doesn't matter if they're modern ones or not.
While in sci-fi you can say frack instead of fuck.

Catalina

Scholar
Wait, does that mean you can only get a tranny or beastiality as a surprise? What if you want to "initiate brief cutscene sequences" with them?

Multi-headed Cow

Jason said:
During the course of the game, players are able to visit a brothel where a hostess asks what they are interested in. If players select "Surprise me," they can sometimes wind up face-to-face with a woman, a man, a transsexual, or an animal
Choices and consequences!

Chefe

Erudite
The demo was different from the final game?

Because all I heard during the demo was "damn, shit, bitch, dwarf cock."

Torquemada

Educated
American media are going to throw a tantrum on that one. They did it to the "innocent" and idiotic scene of Mass Effect but here with full bestiality and stuff Bioware is going to get free (negative) attention in the media when the game will be out.
That's like, better than investing in ads. The new way to sell RPGs ?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Torquemada said:
American media are going to throw a tantrum on that one. They did it to the "innocent" and idiotic scene of Mass Effect but here with full bestiality and stuff Bioware is going to get free (negative) attention in the media when the game will be out.
That's like, better than investing in ads. The new way to sell RPGs ?
Not really. You could sleep with a sheep in Arcanum, but I don't recall that getting any negative media attention for it. It'll only make headlines if they had a cutscene depicting it, in DA it just does a fade-to-black for the brothel encounters.

Korgan

Arbiter
They must be thinking they've found an easy and cheap way to pander to Codexers. Well, they're wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom