Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware: How Do We Do Difficulty?

Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

It appears people like VD and the Iron Tower crew were on the cutting edge of next-gen marketing and development, as Bioware is now following their example by using the idea of player interaction with the developers on forums to pump some ideas out about Mass Effect's difficulty settings.<blockquote>We already have a really great plan in place for our difficulties on ME2 but I'd like to hear your input, and it's not too late to make changes if some really good idea come up.
<br>
<br>
What would you like to see out of Casual, Veteran, Hard Core and Insanity difficulties on ME2? How would you like to see them differ from Normal difficulty?</blockquote>Just a hype-building exercise, or an actual opportunity to be heard? Any Codexers up for it, can check the thread out <a href="http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=685330&forum=144&sp=0">over yonder</a>. Oh...and though it's totally biting the hand that feeds...a quote from the Gamebanshee newspost...<blockquote>I don't see myself playing harder difficulties for anything other than the achievements anyway.</blockquote>Cue feeding frenzy.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"It appears people like VD and the Iron Tower crew were on the cutting edge of next-gen marketing and development, as Bioware is now following their example by using the idea of player interaction with the developers on forums"

Come on, this is silly. BIO (and, other companies) have been using forums t get ideas for a long time now. You ar ejust moronic and ignorant as those claiming that BIO 'invented' RT w/pause style combat or Troika's games based on existing IPs is proof of their originality. L0LZ

DriacKin

Arbiter
Remove the silly bonuses for achievements, and let the user play the game the way it was meant to be played.

KKKthulhu.

Educated
Volourn said:
"It appears people like VD and the Iron Tower crew were on the cutting edge of next-gen marketing and development, as Bioware is now following their example by using the idea of player interaction with the developers on forums"

Come on, this is silly. BIO (and, other companies) have been using forums t get ideas for a long time now. You ar ejust moronic and ignorant as those claiming that BIO 'invented' RT w/pause style combat or Troika's games based on existing IPs is proof of their originality. L0LZ

The common developer mantra up until now has been "We can't take any ideas from people on our forums because it would be like stealing their tiny nuggets of wisdom."

KKKthulhu.

Educated
DriacKin said:
Remove the silly bonuses for achievements, and let the user play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Drunk and ashamed.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The common developer mantra up until now has been "We can't take any ideas from people on our forums because it would be like stealing their tiny nuggets of wisdom."

Bullshit. Have you ever wonder why BG1 has a lot of open maps available for free roaming while BG2 areas are quest heavy focused? That's because BIO listened to the fans on the forums.

And, that's just ONE example.

Stop being wrong all the time. It's embarassing!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
why BG1 has a lot of open maps available for free roaming while BG2 areas are quest heavy focused? That's because BIO listened to the fans on the forums.

Stupid fans caused the decline then?

KKKthulhu.

Educated
Volourn said:
"The common developer mantra up until now has been "We can't take any ideas from people on our forums because it would be like stealing their tiny nuggets of wisdom."

Bullshit. Have you ever wonder why BG1 has a lot of open maps available for free roaming while BG2 areas are quest heavy focused? That's because BIO listened to the fans on the forums.

And, that's just ONE example.

Stop being wrong all the time. It's embarassing!

There's a difference between "What would you like to see in the game" and "People say they want focus over freeform."

Melcar

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
why BG1 has a lot of open maps available for free roaming while BG2 areas are quest heavy focused? That's because BIO listened to the fans on the forums.

Stupid fans caused the decline then?

That's what you get for listening to fans. I mean, this is where fanfiction comes from for crying out loud. Just make the fucking game and you will inevitably make fans.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"There's a difference between "What would you like to see in the game" and "People say they want focus over freeform."

Are you retarded?

This is about using the forumites to add/subtratc/change things from game to game.

Also, if you are gonna be so innane, ho's this for apples:

BIO (and Obsidian) have used the fourms tod ecide what races, classes, spells, skills, feats, monsters, etc. are in the NWN/NWN2 expansions (as well as the original games).

How do you like these apples?

Seriously, don't be a moron. It REALLY is embarassing. Trust me on this. I'm a Codexian, and I'v ewitnessed many morons come and go to this site.

R00fles!

KKKthulhu.

Educated
I trust you. Obviously only one of great intellect and prestige would have the Pretty Princess tag complete with red hearts.

Avu

Liturgist
skyway said:
Christina Norman
Lead System Designer

God help us all. Women are in charge of difficulty. And you wonder why games are so pussified these days.

Games these days: by women for retards. Welcome to the golden age of gaming.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Volourn said:
funny.gif

R00fles!

Secretninja

Cipher
I am waiting for a particularly insightful quote from melcar and racofer for my sig, then I will feel complete and stop posting.

Melcar

Arcane
Secretninja said:
I am waiting for a particularly insightful quote from melcar and racofer for my sig, then I will feel complete and stop posting.

I don't particularly post in The Codex to be insightful, so I guess you're doomed to post in the waste of The Codex for eternity. Eventually something will pop up though.

kris

Arcane
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Comedy Check: Failed. Guess I really need to put more points in that skill to make the tough difficulty checks of sarcastic newsposting.

It doesn't really work on raging faboys. Volourn pretends he isn't one, but his raging reaction to something I found quite obvious really shows his mettle.

I'd call your comment up there "tongue-in-cheeck"

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Volly, Volly never changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom