Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Mat Williams interview - Prelude to Darkness

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Mat Williams; Prelude to Darkness; Zero Sum

The first interview with Mat Williams, one of the lead designers on Prelude to Darkness.

11.) Skills, particularly combat ones, offer more benefits when they get to certain levels. Can you give us an example of what types of rewards players can expect to see by reaching high skill levels in a combat skill? How about a non-combat skill?

Mat Williams: Non-combat skills primarily give attribute bonuses as they get better. We had a lot of other, more active, bonuses in place for them, but it got to be too much of a testing and balancing headache for us. I'd like to get more bonuses in for them, right now I don't think there's any non-combat bonus which compares to the advanced sword-spin attack. All the advanced combat moves are very useful, even key in the late game, and they're different enough to warrant playing with more than just swords.​

Enjoy!

Anonymous

see, saint, I read your articles

it sounds like a fun game. I like tb.

-M

Jed

Cipher
Very well-done interview. Hitting all the important topics. Can't wait to give the final version of this potential gem a whirl.

---
Jed

Mistress

Liturgist
Nice interview Saint :D

I downloaded it last night to give the game a go - and I rather like it so far, another decent recommendation ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom