Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Meet a spy with serious trust issues

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol

<a href="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/987/987903p1.html">IGN have previewed Alpha Protocol</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Alpha Protocol has a terrible name and, unfortunately, a lot of editors in the office and many of our readers haven't yet paid much attention to it.
<br>
[...]
<br>
Three things caught my interest: This is a spy RPG (how rare is that?), it doesn't rely on a morality system for its branching paths and it's uber geeky. If you're one of those RPG gamers who love spending lots of time debating how to upgrade their character, then read on.
<br>
[...]
<br>
Beyond this, the choices you make in conversations (often you can just start attacking an NPC) also have an impact. You must learn the personalities of the people you meet, because, believe it or not, there are some who get turned on when you try and kill them.</blockquote>
<br>
Sexual arousal through violence is not uncommon.
<br>
<br>
You can watch a <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58864">gameplay trailer at ShackNews</a>.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

Based on the fact that the sw and NWN sequels basically sold a total of around 5,000,000 copies, and the fact they are working on an FO3 spin off, and have another project in the works I doubt that Obsidian are very worried about AP been buried at E3. Judging by the reception of the CGI video of over 100,000 views at gametrailers.com I'd guess AP is currently relatively niche, but not really unknown at this point.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
Alpha Protocol is a pretty awful name. So is Mass Effect. Yet more evidence.

MetalCraze

Arcane
If you're one of those RPG gamers who love spending lots of time debating how to upgrade their character, then read on.
OMG what should I take - a hueg gun skill with which I can twitch hordes of enemies to death or another hueg gun skill with which I can twitch hordes of enemies to death.
Help me Codex I'm lost in choices in this trOo RPG

Wyrmlord

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
If you're one of those RPG gamers who love spending lots of time debating how to upgrade their character, then read on.
OMG what should I take - a hueg gun skill with which I can twitch hordes of enemies to death or another hueg gun skill with which I can twitch hordes of enemies to death.
Help me Codex I'm lost in choices in this trOo RPG
No no, it will be a choice between putting points in a gun skill or putting points in a spellcasting skill that does a bullet storm free of bullets.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
Or stealth. Or gadgets. Or a bit of everything. Whiny dumbfucks who completely ignore information that doesn't fit their stereotypes.
Dude, I am just playing around, you can't doubt that occasionally, some of the stuff about AP sounds rather silly, no?

I mean, "So you're just chompin' at the bit, ready to take on the world?"

Or, supermodel spies chewing chewing gum who assist you?

Or killing by stuffing a grenade in his mouth and throwing him down from a building?

I can't pass judgment on this game yet, but some of that stuff comes out as inadvertant self-parody.

xuerebx

Erudite
The grenade-in-mouth and throwing him off a building was pretty bad ass. I might just do it one day to my co-worker.

Dude, I am just playing around, you can't doubt that occasionally, some of the stuff about Fallout sounds rather silly, no?

I mean,"Just kidding, his name's Bob!"?

Or, talking deathclaws who assist you?

Or killing by shooting a radscorpion in the groin?

I can't pass judgment on this game yet, but some of that stuff comes out as inadvertant self-parody.

Wyrmlord said:
No no, it will be a choice between putting points in a gun skill or putting points in a spellcasting skill that does a bullet storm free of bullets.

Bionic implants here we come!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom