Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age - Now featuring Marilyn Manson

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Sure, you know <b><a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/" target="blank">Dragon Age</a></b> is going to be dark and gritty and mature, but BioWare doesn't think you know just how dark and gritty and mature it really is. So feast your eyes on their <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuJ5T9sfAA&feature=channel_page" target="blank">latest trailer</a>, complete with spurting blood, dog-on-human rape,and awkward looking sex. This truly is the new shit, as kids these days like to say.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/">RPS</a>

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Was that the video reel they sent to ESRB for classification, showing the "worst" parts of the game?

Turok

Erudite
I like the video, the sex part was weird, but music and all the gore looks cool :D

hoochimama

Liturgist
Can't blame them, they wouldn't be able to sell this game to the enormous halo/xbox/whatever crowd by touting it as the "spiritual successor to BG2".

Wonder what said crowd's reaction will be like when they realize they were conned into buying one of those arpeegees with all the numbers, dialog trees, actionless combat pausing and stuff.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
As this is the first Bioware game now under it's new evil overlord and it's advertising, I'm not really surprised.

Man, I can't wait for the Mass Effect 2 trailer.

EXTREME!

Syraxith

Novice
Am I the only one that was reminded of the Fallout: PoS trailer when I had the misfortune of viewing this?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Sometimes you gotta love Codex logic. If a game doesn't have violence and gore when it shoud be there it is pussified and made for retards. Of course if they actually put that in than they are just trying to titilate everyone.

Still, there were some gay things in that video. Like the Manson music and the bra and panties. Never heard of small-clothes? Female undergarments as they are today did not exist back then.

Noceur

Liturgist
Dicksmoker said:
Sometimes you gotta love Codex logic. If a game doesn't have violence and gore when it shoud be there it is pussified and made for retards. Of course if they actually put that in than they are just trying to titilate everyone.

Still, there were some gay things in that video. Like the Manson music and the bra and panties. Never heard of small-clothes? Female undergarments as they are today did not exist back then.

Back when? Back in the Dragon Age, when we fought monsters and shit? :lol:

Lurkar

Scholar
I find it EXTREMEly ironic that what we tout as being "mature" these days is as juvenile a it fucking gets.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The video was hilariously bad indeed but I'm still looking forward to the game. Trailers with silly music in them doesn't mean the game will be shit. Bioware games have been over the top in violence before, like how in Jade Empire or Baldurs Gate enemies would explode into pieces when you hit them for crit damage. Not that big of a deal really, certainly not worth crying over.

kris

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:

different people, different opinions.

Sometimes I like violence or find it funny. i laughed about it a couple of times in F3 and in Moonstone it was really funny. But the line to going over to stupid is easily crossed and here it was and F3 it also was after the first laughs.

Zomg

Arbiter
I keep forgetting they put retard shoulder pads on everyone and it irritates me anew whenever I happen to see new hype jetsam.

That was fucking awful. If violence is going to be a big part of your game, do it right. Gears or War and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the way to do things violently. Head shots, shotgun "juicings", chainsaws, Obliteration Techniques, and the Vigoorian Flails/Tonfa Ultimate Techniques are the best in video game brutality. If you're going to appeal to the baser side, put up something good, not just a lot of red mist and mediocre animations.

Also I really think they need to stop the sex scenes as a selling point. It's getting really goddamn awkward. To the point where I really don't want to be caught buying this shit nor funding Bioware's full change-over into a Japanese company. First they added jRPG elements into their games, then they inspired a Western jRPG....next Rape-Lay: Origins?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom