Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GameTrailers Puts Up Exclusive Dragon Age Footage

Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Seeing as Dragon Age: Origins, Bioware's latest title, is slated for a release late into this year, the hype team has decided that it's time to dole out some more footage, this time some more gameplay. The videos are called "Red Cliffs Gameplay" and split into two parts, you can find them <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47335.html">here</a> and <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47333.html">here</a>. I couldn't view much of either video, so sarcastic commentary is a no go for me.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Seems ok to me. But we don't get to see much of the gameplay to reach a good conclusion.

And yes, where's the blood?

The Feral Kid

Prophet
This game sucks more and more every time new details or videos are revealed. Even voice-acting where Bio have always been good sucks horribly. Surely an indicator. The lack of info was for a long time the main reason for the diminishing general interest in this game. Now the increasing availability of actual info and footage seems to be doing an even better job at that.

Warden

Arbiter
But they're still epic in the ego department:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/forums/vie ... m=135&sp=0

Basically, they always know best and always have a few supporting senior forum members, mentally challenged bitches, who have been rimming their anuses all these years.

I know most of you people like to bitch more (and maybe even exclusively) about a wrong word in a dialogue tree or a hand animation gone wrong; but I'm more annoyed by arrogant and condescending attitudes coming from cretins.

Also:

Quote: Posted 03/30/09 22:59 (GMT) by Georg Zoeller

"Anyway, there is no chatbox/textbox, no. it'd just be useless due to the large number of combatants involved in many fights"

That's beeeyond great, isn't it?
Numbers break immersion.. so why allow the player to ruin his immersion by checking how much damage he has dealt to specific enemies, which weapon hits more often, which armor absorbs more damage etc. Nope, it ruins immersion.
Oh, and it's useless because there will be more than a few enemies sometimes. So who'd bother checking the log, right? Nevermind about being unable to check dialogue logs for you dialogue freaks (too much dialogue, you'd get confused checking it anway)..

:roll:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/forums/vie ... &forum=135

"Thank you Georg."

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
fugly graphical glitch in the middle of the second video, and they didn't even bother to cut it out. the plate armor looks like a 9 year old designed it.

combat looks very mmorpgish in that video.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Just some boring combat scenes. Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

I don't understand how difficult a concept it is that Plate mail should HANG offof the body (restricting movement), and not conform/move with it with fluid precision. Oh wait... that might force them to create a balanced, and believable combat system.

Tigranes

Arcane
Looks like NWN and BG. Which is fine with me as long as the actual balance and abilities are complex and challenging. Pity they've still got the 'characters-ice-skating-past-each-other' thing going though.

The setting, music and such continues to be utter shit LOTR. Fuck.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Another generic fantasy tale about gay adventurers fighting hordes of koboldoids with boring RtWP combat while yelling ANOTHER BATTLE I SEE! exaltedly.:biowaresucks:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I think its pretty cool how they can have like different parts of a video play one after another without you having to search for it. I saw a really good one on youtube and it played like all 5 parts after each other and I was pretty amazed in admitting its getting better, getting better all the time :philips:

The game looks like any other fantasy game.

Rhalle

Magister
SuicideBunny said:
fugly graphical glitch in the middle of the second video, and they didn't even bother to cut it out. the plate armor looks like a 9 year old designed it.

combat looks very mmorpgish in that video.

It does; like a WoW quest where you fight waves of monsters.

And it also has the epic WoW shoulderpads.

Swing speed is still too leisurely, there's no reactivity to being struck, and the hunched-over running animation is crappy.

But they've got the Mass Effect tech on the faces now, which is pretty nice.

And it's true: the floating damage numbers and blood seemed to have disappeared.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Occasionally Fatal said:
its not plate armor, its power armor fool.
tron_guy.jpg

Bitch, please
that's what I thought

Since to every snide remark about the footages and Bio's target demographic I come up with my inner voices reply with "Well, duh!", the only thing's left for me to say is the bland and boring:
The gameplay looks everything I was expecting... and less.
I'm still not buying the game.
*shrugs and forgets about it again*

Shannow

Waster of Time
Shannow said:
Awesome. Finally they have AI that is so good, it runs right past the weak, half naked witch to engage the tanks in melee. Really got on my nerves to have to block beasties manually.
Cross posting FTW

MetalCraze

Arcane
The Feral Kid said:
This game sucks more and more every time new details or videos are revealed. Even voice-acting where Bio have always been good sucks horribly.
So I see you've missed Mass Effect.

Luan

Educated
The animations look way too slow. I hope there is a game-speed slider. In contrast, NWN had some nice and snappy combat animations, as well as visual feedback when your weapons/spells connected with an opponent.

made

Arcane
skyway said:
The Feral Kid said:
This game sucks more and more every time new details or videos are revealed. Even voice-acting where Bio have always been good sucks horribly.
So I see you've missed Mass Effect.

Female Shepard's voice acting was excellent. The rest, while not outstanding, wasn't bad either.

Cba to watch the trailer; do they still use those fake British accents?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Why is Vincente Valtieri/Prince LaCroix so ubiquitious in games? The guy in golden armour, he is everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom