Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview with Jeff Vogel of Spiderweb Software

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Jeff Vogel; Spiderweb Software

<p>Indie RPG mainstay Jeff Vogel of <a href="http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/" target="_blank">Spiderweb Software</a> gave us his opinions on Geneforge 5, Avernum 6, recent RPGs, and why Macs suck.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=187">Read all about it here.</a></p>

I think this is the right place: could you consider making the questions stand out more from the answers? like at least bold the questions or make them a little bigger or a different color or something.... there's also a number of typos and even an html comment! Methinks this post needs a patch.

Good read though.

x4nti

Educated
An interesting detail would be that both Vogel and Toady (from df) have a background in mathematics, both leaving grad school to do games.

denizsi

Arcane
His take on tactical combat in a single player RPG is pretty immature. He hasn't made the effort to understand and enjoy half the examples and he hasn't even played the other half but still is pretty comfortable with high-brow lecturing on why there's no place for tactical depth in a single RPG.

denizsi

Arcane
How the hell did I stumbled upon this 9 months old thing and thought it was new, I don't even know.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
denizsi said:
His take on tactical combat in a single player RPG is pretty immature. He hasn't made the effort to understand and enjoy half the examples and he hasn't even played the other half but still is pretty comfortable with high-brow lecturing on why there's no place for tactical depth in a single RPG.
Blame his fans.

yolesaber

Novice
I wonder if it is that Jeff cannot make enough money or if he wants to keep making money that is preventing him from releasing something entirely new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom