Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Jason Anderson Bails on Herve

Tags: InXile Entertainment; Jason Anderson

One of the original Fallout leads, and founding member of Troika Games, Jason Anderson, has decided to abandon Interplay's Project V13 and take a position at inXile Entertainment, headed by none other than Brian Fargo.
<br>
<blockquote>inXile entertainment today announced that Jason Anderson, one of the original Fallout design team members, has joined the company as creative director for a new, unannounced role-playing game (RPG) from inXile. Anderson recently left Interplay, where in his second tenure there served as creative director working on the next generation MMO Project: V13.
<br>
<br>
“Jason has an extensive resume of creating amazing RPGs over the past two decades and we feel very lucky to have his talent directed to one of our upcoming projects,” said Brian Fargo, chief executive officer of inXile entertainment. “His leadership and vision will allow us to have a second development team focused on an epic game that will push the boundaries of RPGs.”</blockquote>You can get the full press release <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/#49755">here</a>, <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkFZuplpFFfCVOeFeG.php">here</a>, or many other locations. What game inXile and Anderson are working on is a mystery (Wasteland sequel perhaps?), but I think it's safe to say the the Fallout MMO isn't happening.
<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">No Mutants Allowed</A>

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Edward_R_Murrow said:
“His leadership and vision will allow us to have a second development team focused on an epic game that will push the boundaries of RPGs.”

:x Is there no place safe from marketing newspeak?

Well, at least that one less original Fallout dev working on an MMO. Guess it's good news.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Is there no place safe from marketing newspeak?"

It's hype. Get over it.

elander_

Arbiter
Good news and Brian Fargo is also a good fellow. I hope this is that rumored Wasteland 2 project.

Jinxed

Liturgist
elander_ said:
Good news and Brian Fargo is also a good fellow. I hope this is that rumored Wasteland 2 project.

You're joking right? He's as overrated as they come. His magic semen doesn't work anymore as we've all seen with Bard's Tale.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Posted a picture of Tim Cain but Moby blocked it, so this will have to do instead

picard6.jpg

spacemoose

Erudite
the rat pack is back together!

*release another artistically brilliant game that tanks financially*
*go their separate ways again*

kris

Arcane
asper said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
“His leadership and vision will allow us to have a second development team focused on an epic game that will push the boundaries of RPGs.”

:x Is there no place safe from marketing newspeak?

Outside marketing. Don't blame the bear for being furry.

elander_

Arbiter
Jinxed said:
You're joking right? He's as overrated as they come. His magic semen doesn't work anymore as we've all seen with Bard's Tale.

That wasn't a real crpg, but a game to make fun of the crpg genre.

Worm King

Scholar
An epic RPG that pushes the genre's boundaries? What a fail, their Bard's Tale was worse than anything Bioware or even Bethesda has produced. Probably one of the shittiest games I have ever played.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ausir said:
I asked Chris Taylor and he says that V13 is not canceled and he is still working on it. Jason left for his own reasons.
Might that reason be not wishing to wait until Herve stops paying his salary?

elander_ said:
That wasn't a real crpg, but a game to make fun of the crpg genre.
I guess it's not a real game either. It certainly wasn't real fun. I'd say it's worth getting as long as you don't pay real money for it. The real dealbreaker though is the real time wasted on playing it.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yea, only redeeming aspect in BT remake was the comedy bits. They were quite witty, but too far and between the shitty uninspired ''gameplay''. If i'd had a choice, i'd watched all the cutsecenes and then uninstalled.
If the next Fargo's game is anything like that he'd be better off retiring and go fishing or smth.

elander_

Arbiter
Gnidrologist said:
If i'd had a choice, i'd watched all the cutsecenes and then uninstalled.

That's what i think about the game.

Gnidrologist said:
If the next Fargo's game is anything like that he'd be better off retiring and go fishing or smth.

They always said from the start Bards Tale (the last game) would be an adventure game to make fun of crpg cliches and very different from the first games.

Besides Brian Fargo made the first Wasteland so he must know something about doing a competent Wasteland 2.

Worm King said:
What a fail, their Bard's Tale was worse than anything Bioware or even Bethesda has produced.

Wrong. Bioware can do much worse and Bethesda can do even worse than that.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Interplay's financial problems began before Herve Caen, BTW, with Brian Fargo. Just because he left doesn't mean he's not partly responsible for what has become.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I think he was almost soley responsible for Interplays financial troubles? Well he went public I think and then Titus bought them and put Hervy in their with his massive mustache and french nose to fuck it up even more gosh.

I'm highly skeptical about InXile despite Ausir constantly trying to reassure me that they are quality and are in good financial position.

Lingwe

Liturgist
That's Brian Fargo? I thought he would have had thick glasses and a bushy partly grey beard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom