Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ME2 = Epic³

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

<a href="http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/2009_03_17_bioware_announces_mass_effect_2/">BioWare have officially announced Mass Effect 2</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>The Dark Second Chapter to the <b>Epic</b> Science-Fiction Trilogy
<br>
– Coming Early 2010 for Windows PC and Xbox 360
<br>
[...]
<br>
"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA. "Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG–shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no–holds–barred action."
<br>
[...]
<br>
With studios in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec), and Austin (Texas), BioWare is hard at work on the <b>epic</b> fantasy roleplaying game, Dragon Age™: Origins, Mass Effect 2™, the <b>epic</b> sequel to Mass Effect, and the story-driven massively multiplayer game, Star Wars®: The Old Republic™</blockquote>
<br>
Everything BioWare does is epic now-a-days.
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>Szioul</b>!

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:

Epicly bad that is. If mass effect wasnt the biggest console targeted shit game, then i dont know anymore.

Tavicroix

Novice
Bioware want to pollute the market game by another retarded game.
First Dragon Age, now Mass Fail, oh sorry i mean mass efect, what will be next?
Sad.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect...
Extraordinary?

DarkUnderlord said:
...as well as increased depth of planet exploration...
Won't be hard, now will it?

Regardless, I'm sure this game will come with more draconian DRM and installation limits. Are you happy to support this?

Silellak

Cipher
zerotol said:
DarkUnderlord said:

Epicly bad that is. If mass effect wasnt the biggest console targeted shit game, then i dont know anymore.

If you think Mass Effect was "epicly bad", you clearly haven't played very many terrible games.

It may not have been the greatest RPG ever made, but there are many, many games that are far, far worse.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
... taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no–holds–barred action.

No matter how you feel about this game, it'd be hard to fit any more stupid into this sentence.

Silellak

Cipher
SerratedBiz said:
... taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no–holds–barred action.

No matter how you feel about this game, it'd be hard to fit any more stupid into this sentence.

Wanna bet?

... taking players on an epic non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunningly epic plot twists, and no–holds–barred, collar-grabbing action.

Deleted Member 10432

maverick said:
There's so many epics there that it begs an epic fail. :lol:
I think The Old Republic has that base covered.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Silellak said:
If you think Mass Effect was "epicly bad", you clearly haven't played very many terrible games.

Yeah ME was epic - it was an epic console shooter like all other epic console shooters where you use your epic auto-target with the enemies - push your button - and game plays itself by killing epic hordes of enemies - the story was so epic it made me think about Bioware's target audience epic IQ - so epicly emotionally engaged it was. It even had an epic sex scene with an alien and an epic choices with new epic dialogue system which led to epic consequences like shooting more same-looking enemies and finally having an epic battle in the end where the game epicly kills the boss with auto-target for you. Though in order to play it you first had to battle and win over the epic DRM. But then you saved the world again and it was so epic. They even licensed an epic engine from the EPIC games. Which makes ME double EPIC.
I'm sure this sequal will be even moar epic!

Also "RPG-shooter" made me lol

Turok

Erudite
I like ME on PC. Weird you ppl hate it. Is something decent to play in the era of pure FPS games & wii.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Turok, if you had to choose between canned meat that've you been eating for the last 5-15 years already OR select from either a fresh pile of nauseating shit or a bigger fresh pile of really, really bad smelling shit, what would you choose?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
... taking players on an epic non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunningly epic plot twists, and no–holds–barred, collar-grabbing action.

Whoa there! Sounds to me like the makings of a sequel!

If I were him, I would become a vegetarian.

Strangely enough, most of us grow up to be shiteaters.

Turok

Erudite
GarfunkeL said:
Turok, if you had to choose between canned meat that've you been eating for the last 5-15 years already OR select from either a fresh pile of nauseating shit or a bigger fresh pile of really, really bad smelling shit, what would you choose?

My point is that is a descent game compared with the pure shit games that have come since 3 years ago.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
ME1 is a fun, shallow experience that is alright as long as you don't try to do any side quests.

DemonKing

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA. "Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG–shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no–holds–barred action."

I am slightly encouraged that they seemed to have realised how god-awful the planet sidequesting was.

Other than that, if they improve the combat and inventory systems, I'll be happy to pony up the $$ for this - although I am trying to work out how they can make it*more* epic than the original...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
in DURING volourn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom