Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Master Creating gets ripped off

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: 4am Entertainment; Jan Beuck; Restricted Area

<a href=http://www.master-creating.de>Master Creating</a>, the good golks behind the upcoming <a href=http://www.ra2083.com>Restricted Area</a>, have recently terminated their publishing agreement with British publisher 4am Entertainment according to a press release sent to <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>MASTER CREATING TERMINATES PUBLISHING CONTRACT WITH UK PUBLISHER 4AM ENTERTAINMENT, LTD.
<br>
<br>
Game Developer Master Creating announces today that they have cancelled their publishing agreement for RESTRICTED AREA with 4am Entertainment for a major breach of contract. Spokesman Jan Beuck: “4am didn’t pay the advance payment in time – this is a substantial and un-remedied breach. We are currently considering legal action.”
<br>
<br>
RESTRICTED AREA is an action-RPG set in the dark future and is already in the alpha phase. Master Creating, an independent game development studio based in Hamburg, Germany, is now seeking a new publisher.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Well, that sucks. To <b>Jan Beuck</b> and his team, we say good luck. To 4am Entertainment, we just quietly remind you of another company that had a tendency not to pay its third party developers. Interplay. So, 4am, unless you want to pull a couple Lionhearts and fail utterly, you'd better smarten up.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a>

ecliptic

Liturgist
Damn it, sorry to hear that. I take that this means one can probably expect it to take longer to come out?

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Good luck Jan Beuck .With luck and effort you will find someone that is willing to publish and pay for the priviledge.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I wish the best of luck to you and to your company, Jan. As for that publisher, I hope they get what's coming to them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
If it's true..

That said, Jan is one of the more level headed and reasonable people I've seen the net so I'd would take his side until (unlikely) it's proven wrong.

Good luck Jan. :cool:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Well, that sucks. Maybe a good, well-known publisher will pick you guys up later. Someone like Strategy First would make a nice publisher.

PS: How's RA coming along? Are you in the bug-squashing stages yet?

EEVIAC

Erudite
I'm hoping that MC didn't need that money to implement the namable limbs. Anyway, I hope everything works out, Jan - I still look forward to the game, even if my chances of playing it are getting slimmer.

Jan

Novice
RE

PS: How's RA coming along? Are you in the bug-squashing stages yet?

Nearly. We are currently designing the last 3 missions (but internal bug testing has already started).

I'm hoping that MC didn't need that money to implement the namable limbs. Anyway, I hope everything works out, Jan - I still look forward to the game, even if my chances of playing it are getting slimmer.

Nah - they won´t be a problem. We produced the entire game with our money, and if it takes a month longer that´s no big deal (although I would sleep better if not...). The chances are better than ever, lots of publishers show their interest - it´s only a matter of how much they´ll pay :wink:

EEVIAC

Erudite
Re: RE

Jan said:
The chances are better than ever, lots of publishers show their interest - it´s only a matter of how much they´ll pay :wink:

I don't see why a publisher wouldn't be interested - the game's done. Any publisher that can't make money off a complete/near-complete game isn't a publisher. Unless the game is complete dross, of course. :D

ecliptic

Liturgist
One would think, but look at how long Wizardry VIII sat in limbo before being released stateside. Come on, it's the eigth one in a series, there's a chance people will buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom